Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All Water Heaters Made The Same??

Originally posted by boillerman View Post
    Maybe not when it happened again. Or again. But everything out there on the market has a percentage of failures.

I have had nothing but great luck with Bradford Whites, even state water heaters. I cannot say the same for big box store water heaters. I pull them out all the time.

I am not sure why there is question about the quality of a home depot or lowes water heater, anyone who has been in this trade knows that they are crap, and I am sure have replaced many prematurely. Am I missing something?

I have quiet a few professionals backing me on this subject. I hear nothing but bad things about water heaters from depot and lowes.

sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
      The customers were older folks, and were a referall from the neighbor, the neighbor and customers son were present, they were given their options and chose this option.

If you had a water heater installed and it only lasted 4 months, would you want the same type water heater put back in your place?

a water heater has a 6 year guarantee. i would think less than 5% ever come back under the guarantee.

i just can't see spending all that money to replace a heater that is under full warranty/ labor and material.

i guess the real question is with the owners kids. doesn't make financial sense. they could of at least got a warranty exchange authorization #. then obtain the replacement heater and sold it to recoup the cost of the heater

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Here is an appliance that is virtually working 24\7 year after year. The cost of the unit is fairly minimal compared to other major house hold appliances. Just how many years of service should the customer realistically expect from it? If it lasts for say 5 years and cost 300 bucks then it costs 60 cents a day. Pretty cheap yes? And yet customers are genuinley pissed if it fails before 10 years.
        sigpic

Comment

I think it's luck of the draw. I installed my parents water heater when I was 15. It's lasted 14 years now and I laugh every time I see the hack job I did back then. CPVC mip straight into the WH, cpvc ball valve, it should not have lasted this long but it has. It's in a room where it leaking would have no effect so my Dad is just waiting for it to die.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
            Here is an appliance that is virtually working 24\7 year after year. The cost of the unit is fairly minimal compared to other major house hold appliances. Just how many years of service should the customer realistically expect from it? If it lasts for say 5 years and cost 300 bucks then it costs 60 cents a day. Pretty cheap yes? And yet customers are genuinley pissed if it fails before 10 years.
            I 100% agree. It's a great time we live in when for so cheap we have something as great as hot water in our homes.

Comment

I have had customers like Westcoasts. I give them options and let them make the decision. Their money, their choice.

This week I have pulled out a 6 year old whirlpool from Lowe's and a four year old G.E. from Home Depot. Both residences wanted the Bradford White installed.
              Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Working...
              X