All Water Heaters Made The Same??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Water Heaters Made The Same??

I guess not, sorry to post from another forum, but there is to much info to cut and paste.

All water heaters are not made the same.

http://www.terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4362

sigpic

Robert

Re: All Water Heaters Made The Same??

Robert, Try cutting open some that aren't that old but have failed. There are differences. Some manufactures that are proud of a design may have pictures (literature or on their web site) showing what's inside. Some may look similar but be made out of lesser or higher quality parts.

Comment

I have a half dozen gas and electric, 4 gallon tanks that we have cut open. They are definatly not all the same.
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks Robert for the link. It was very informative. I use Bradford White almost exclusively anyway, but it's nice to have some good talking points regarding American WH and big box stores in general
        "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

I was told by a State farm rep yesterday that the insurance companies are starting to go after WH manufactures who's WH's fail in less than 10 years... The WH that started this conversation was a 7 year old Bradford White.

I was shocked to see a Bradford go so soon...

Comment

Yanked a 4 month old GE today, leaker!!

Bye bye, to the dump, thank you scrap man, didn't pay to take it an exchange it.

they got a professional grade Bradford White
            sigpic

Robert

Comment

ROBERT WHY WOULD YOU NOT EXCHANGE A 4 MONTH OLD WATER HEATER ? ? ? ?

A GE IS MADE BY RHEEM WTR HTR THEY WOULD HAVE PAID CHANGE OUT LABOR ON IT THE SAME AS BRADFORD WHITE ! !

JERRYMAC
              E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
              CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
              FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
              SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

BY THE WAY FOR ALL YOU PROFESSIONAL
                PLUMBERS ALL THE WTR HTR'S MFG'S
                HAVE THE SAME 6 YEAR PARTS AND TANK WARRANTY AND HAVE DONE SO FOR OVER
                10 YEARS NOW ! ! !
                ANY EXTRA WARRANTY TIME THE MFG PUTS
                ON 9 YR TO 12 YR THEY INSTALL A EXTRA
                ANODE ROD TO HELP THE TANK LAST LONGER
                JERRYMAC
                E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Originally posted by JERRYMAC View Post
                  ROBERT WHY WOULD YOU NOT EXCHANGE A 4 MONTH OLD WATER HEATER ? ? ? ?

A GE IS MADE BY RHEEM WTR HTR THEY WOULD HAVE PAID CHANGE OUT LABOR ON IT THE SAME AS BRADFORD WHITE ! !
                  i had the same thought too

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

I think plumbers across the US should stop installing water heaters.

That being said, I'll be first to stand up to the plate and throw my two wheeler in showing that I'm done with them, fo evah!

It's hard not to start laughing when someone is calling me to price shop me on a heater.
                    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      i had the same thought too

rick.

It wasn't installed by him. It was installed by the other company that left the customer hanging at 4-45 pm...The custmer didn't wanted to deal with it anymore and chose him to install bradford white.

Comment

I do service work for Reem. the GE water heater is fine. I think the only difference is the plastic drain. I've had all water heaters leak from almost new. It happens, I will say bradford white and reem are great for getting parts out fast when the problem has been properly diagnoast. Although the pay aint that great to fix it I know Reem is selling there stuff direct to home owners but that doesn't make it a bad product.

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post
                          It wasn't installed by him. It was installed by the other company that left the customer hanging at 4-45 pm...The custmer didn't wanted to deal with it anymore and chose him to install bradford white.
                          so basically the customer didn't mind eating the cost of the heater and the labor to put it in

i would think a 24 hour window would be required for any warranty work/ company to come out and fix it. it doesn't have to be the original installer. any authorized co. can make good on the warranty.

i can't see a person paying twice for a major project. we're not talking $100. more like $700-1000.

for that kind of money, i can skip or take a cold shower for a day

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            so basically the customer didn't mind eating the cost of the heater and the labor to put it in

i would think a 24 hour window would be required for any warranty work/ company to come out and fix it. it doesn't have to be the original installer. any authorized co. can make good on the warranty.

i can't see a person paying twice for a major project. we're not talking $100. more like $700-1000.

for that kind of money, i can skip or take a cold shower for a day

rick.

The customers were older folks, and were a referall from the neighbor, the neighbor and customers son were present, they were given their options and chose this option.

If you had a water heater installed and it only lasted 4 months, would you want the same type water heater put back in your place?
                            sigpic

Robert

Comment

Maybe not when it happened again. Or again. But everything out there on the market has a percentage of failures.
                              sigpic3:00, I mean 5:00, and work is done. Time to crack a cold one.

Comment

Working...
                              X