Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ed the plumber??

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
    20 proposals? Wow, I'm so glad I don't do free estimates any more!
    I agree. There's too much easy business out there to have to mess with the estimate collectors out there. You want information? Go to Home Depot or Lowes and talk to some hourly guy who gets paid whether he talks to you or not. My time, and I'm sure yours, is worth more than that.

Free estimates? Nah, not interested. I'll ballpark it on the phone and roll over if you're REALLY serious......
    I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
      Nothing wrong with getting bids.
      I am just saying I choose to charge for my gas and time to drive out to someone's house, even for a 'bid'. Now if you called 20 vendors for bids and they were all free, then you 'won' that deal by getting free information from 19 schmucks and only having to pay the one you chose. But if each vendor charged a fee to come out and bid it, then it wouldn't make sense to get 20 bids and the vendors who were bidding would have at least some compensation for their gas and time.

'Free Bids' is a business model that works for some contractors, but unfortunately many people take advantage of that system. Which is one reason why I don't use that business model.
      I agree - don't be a schmuck. My time and gas are too valuable. You want info? People gotta pay..........

Comment

I'm starting to feel bad for Ed, seems like his thread's been hi jacked.
        sigpic

Comment

I feel bad for Ed too....

but I feel worse for the schmucks....hee...hee..

Comment

Ed The Plumber......I love him, thats where I learned to plumb

It was funny, today the guys were looking over a Black and Decker plumbing book, one of the funny things, it showed a guy ont he roof, with a hand crank snake going down a 4" vent
            sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
              Ed The Plumber......I love him, thats where I learned to plumb

It was funny, today the guys were looking over a Black and Decker plumbing book, one of the funny things, it showed a guy ont he roof, with a hand crank snake going down a 4" vent
              As i was putting in a boiler for my girlfriends aunt her husband said to me "are you sure you can do this?" to which i responded "it's ok i spent all weekend watching reruns of This Old House so I could get some pointers!"

Comment

Working...
              X