Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Material pricing

Supplies PDF file:

Does anyone have a PDF file already created with a materials list and cost breakdown? Just looking for something to use, that I could modify the numbers in order to reflect my own cost. Hoping to save myself the time of typing out each individual fitting, etc.
    Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Re: Material pricing

How much are you offering?
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

HMMM my flat rate book took me 3 weeks type, calculate, and bind.

Then my parts list took me 2 weeks to figure my costs, get part numbers, dealers, manufactures.

So if you want to pay me 5 weeks of wages, ill be glad to send you mine
      The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
        So if you want to pay me 5 weeks of wages, ill be glad to send you mine
        at a flat rate feehourly may work out better for you

Everyone has individually spent several hours doing this for themselves. Who is just going to hand it over
        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

I do not need a flat rate book, just material pricing book that can be modified. What I need is a flat rate price.
          Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

I guess if it was as important to me as it is to you I would take one of the supply house guys out to lunch and ask him to do an anormous "bid" (couple of hundred Items)and put it on a disk.That should get you close enough for pricing and markup.

Whadya-Think

Comment

Go buy a Plumbers Pricing Manual from Trade Services.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

its not an easy task but a very necessary and personal one, good luck.

Comment

God i need do that too, its scary because you dont want to be too high and also you dont wanna be the guy whos losing money by cutting his own throat. No matter how good you are it takes good confidence to deliver a price and it seems like all plumbers are secretive with their prices, with good reason I guess

Comment

Don't your supply houses offer pricing service.? All three of the major supply houses I deal with offer on-line pricing. All I have do do is log on and scroll through their inventory. Can even print it out if I need to. Prices and availability are current. Who could ask for more.?
                    sigpic

Comment

Trade Services "Plumber's Pricing Manual" contains 80% of anything a plumber will ever come across and is updated four times a year. I don't recall how much money the are but it wasn't much and they are well worth it if you don't have anything else.

http://www.tradeservice.com/plumbing...etail/ppm.html

Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

wow forgot about them thats what i started with untill i was able to build my own, did not think they still existed, you just gave our thread starter the bat and the ball now they need to go out and play.

Comment

thanks for the link, the site doesn't show a price and I could not get anybody on the phone but I will try again. it ought to be very useful

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                            Trade Services "Plumber's Pricing Manual" contains 80% of anything a plumber will ever come across and is updated four times a year. I don't recall how much money the are but it wasn't much and they are well worth it if you don't have anything else.

http://www.tradeservice.com/plumbing...etail/ppm.html

Mark
                            $45 a quarter. the numbers are really marked up. but you can use it as a start and take it from there.

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                              Don't your supply houses offer pricing service.? All three of the major supply houses I deal with offer on-line pricing. All I have do do is log on and scroll through their inventory. Can even print it out if I need to. Prices and availability are current. Who could ask for more.?
                              Our supply house provides with a disk that's updated a few times a year. Then we mark up from there. If there is a big copper project I always get the current market pricing though.

I gotta believe your local supply house can provide with pricing disk or online access as stated above.

Comment

Working...
                              X