New torch questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New torch questions

I am looking to buy a new torch setup for when I have to work with 2 1/2" and 3" copper. I only have to work with it about twice a year, if that, since the bulk of my work is residential repair. In the past when I was doing more large copper work, I was using an oxy-acet rig that I got rid of.

I've been looking at the TurboTorch website, and found the LP-2 kit that says with a MAPP bottle it can do up to 4" copper. Would that work well for a few joints at a time, or should I look into getting a larger rig again?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Re: New torch questions

I do 2 and 3 in copper with a hand held lennox and mapp gas. takes a while but for a couple joints it's better than spending a couple hundred bucks. I have a couple turbo-torch acytelyne set ups with changeable tips but they pretty much stay in the van cause they're too inconvieniant to carry around.
    sigpic

Comment

Re: New torch questions

Originally posted by Nevada plumber View Post
      I am looking to buy a new torch setup for when I have to work with 2 1/2" and 3" copper. I only have to work with it about twice a year, if that, since the bulk of my work is residential repair. In the past when I was doing more large copper work, I was using an oxy-acet rig that I got rid of.

I've been looking at the TurboTorch website, and found the LP-2 kit that says with a MAPP bottle it can do up to 4" copper. Would that work well for a few joints at a time, or should I look into getting a larger rig again?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
      I like a B-tank with I think a #12 tip. It is the bigger one without getting into the weed burners.

Comment

Working...
      X