Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did my toilet fall through my floor? :-)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why did my toilet fall through my floor? :-)

I see no link to a pix! help please
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
      I see no link to a pix! help please

Tool,

Look at the first post on page one.
      the dog

Comment

I know the guy who did that...been around for years, works all over the US. Rube Goldberg.

Comment

The House is about 90 years old...

The only thing under the tape is a section of rotted CI.

The chase was covered in sheetrock.

The homeowner has decided to tackle this project himself along with replacing the damaged floor structure in both the upstairs bath and the one pictured...

He was on the way to home despot to buy a skill saw as I drove away...

Comment

Okie,
            One of the posters here has the tag line: "I never lost a cent on a job I didn't get" The homeowner doing it himself might be the best thing for you, might keep you out of a real mess!
            Never get in an argument with a fool, bystanders won't know which one is which.....

Comment

Big Dog, I could not agree with you more...

It bothers me when folks only motivation to doing something themselves is trying to save a few bucks and they freely admit they have no idea what they are doing ( It's downright insulting really)... Talk about a trainwreck in the making

Is it wrong to up my price after I get the "I'm in over my head call"

Comment

Bill,
                You're doin' good, man. I'm not a professional plumber, so I guess I really shouldn't be posting in this forum. But, let me assure you guys there are homeowners/ DIY'ers who adhere to Clint Eastwoods saying: "a man's got to know his limitations". In this little house I'm in the process of flipping, I didn't even conpemplate doing the plumbing install myself. Got 3 bids and I'm going with the best value, not necessarily the lowest bid. The guy that explained what he would do, how he would do it and when he could honestly be there, got the job. He also told me what he expected me to do (get stuff out of the way, dig the ditch because of a tree he did not want to damage, etc..) I look at hiring a pro as SAVING me money and especially TIME.
                Never get in an argument with a fool, bystanders won't know which one is which.....

Comment

Got the call..... Owner has it all torn up and has cried uncle.

The upstairs is still all lead pipe to my surprise...

I set the appointment for next Wednesday

I'll take a few pictures for everyone.

Comment

Working...
                  X