X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roundup requests

Some things I'd like to do at the roundup, equipment demo-wise... thought I'd post here as others might have things to add...

- run a few sectionals, as I never have done, in as close to real world scenarios as possible.... Josh? could you start flushing paper towels and children's toys in your building so the lines are well prepped for us? Really though, can we clean some lines in the building? I think it would be a better demo for me than events set up in exposed pipe.

- particularly would like to run Ridgid's bigger sectional in a 4" or 6" line half filled with typically poorly set up concrete, and or a root scenario at a longish distance. The prophesied wood cutting event may suffice for this. I'd like to compare with the 3/4" drum machine I use for these now.

- preview any upcoming camera technology as I am unhappy with the vcr tech in my current cameras. And pick the brains of whoever is your most knowledgeable camera technician on my other issues.

- use the full size see snake as I have only mini's and might want the bigger pushrod after using it.

I'm sure there are other things, but other than meeting some of those I've talked with here and having some fun, those are my major goals for the trip.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Re: Roundup requests

ace, i was a little bummed too that there is no heads up k-60/ 7500 battle to the death

i will be happy to run you through the k-60/1500 demo.

the wood cutting is more of a prop to show how fast a 1500 can drill a hole in the pine board. it's not safe or set up for a drum as the board is only a couple feet away and the spinning drum will pose a hazard.

you'll like the push of the full size seesnake and the brighter lighting

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      ace, i was a little bummed too that there is no heads up k-60/ 7500 battle to the death

rick.
      Maybe that is super-secret-hush-hush-#8
      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

I like my mini because it is light and fast but you are limityed to how far you can push it. For the bigger\loner stuff the self-leveling comes out.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          If there isn't, that is probably a good thing. That debate will never end, and a battle will only fuel it and result in a lot of acrimony. While some machines are better for some things, most can be made to work for most things, and I suspect (from my admittedly limited vantage point, having NEVER run a sectional, that it comes down to personal preference most of the time, possibly to how often you see the situation a particular machine really shines in. I'm just interested in in trying what I haven't yet and seeing how I like it.
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I think we could accommodate your requests. Setting up the scenarios may not be possible but I will see what we can do.

Josh

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
            Some things I'd like to do at the roundup, equipment demo-wise... thought I'd post here as others might have things to add...

- run a few sectionals, as I never have done, in as close to real world scenarios as possible.... Josh? could you start flushing paper towels and children's toys in your building so the lines are well prepped for us? Really though, can we clean some lines in the building? I think it would be a better demo for me than events set up in exposed pipe.

- particularly would like to run Ridgid's bigger sectional in a 4" or 6" line half filled with typically poorly set up concrete, and or a root scenario at a longish distance. The prophesied wood cutting event may suffice for this. I'd like to compare with the 3/4" drum machine I use for these now.

- preview any upcoming camera technology as I am unhappy with the vcr tech in my current cameras. And pick the brains of whoever is your most knowledgeable camera technician on my other issues.

- use the full size see snake as I have only mini's and might want the bigger pushrod after using it.

I'm sure there are other things, but other than meeting some of those I've talked with here and having some fun, those are my major goals for the trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
              I think we could accommodate your requests. Setting up the scenarios may not be possible but I will see what we can do.

Josh
              Free drain cleaning for Ridge tool employees? They can do a contest to see who wins free drain cleaning at their house
              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                Free drain cleaning for Ridge tool employees? They can do a contest to see who wins free drain cleaning at their house
                this is a good one to see who can make the biggest clogged drain
                Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

I`m thinking a 8lb shot-put would put a kill on a K-60
                  http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post

Josh
                    Start now, get some corrugated pipe with one end exposed and plant a tree nearby, Pour some fertilizer water in there and let the roots grow. At the roundup, dig up the pipe, attach a pipe on both ends and away you go. Or what if you get a pipe with a test tee in the middle and push a tree roots in there?
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                      Start now, get some corrugated pipe with one end exposed and plant a tree nearby, Pour some fertilizer water in there and let the roots grow. At the roundup, dig up the pipe, attach a pipe on both ends and away you go. Or what if you get a pipe with a test tee in the middle and push a tree roots in there?
                      I heard of a guy that did the cleanout thing recently,Can't remember why.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                        My way has to be easier All those employees, chances are a good % ALREADY have sewers with stoppages just waiting to happen
                        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                          My way has to be easier All those employees, chances are a good % ALREADY have sewers with stoppages just waiting to happen
                          Josh, maybe you can get the cafeteria to do "all the free tacos you can eat" for the entire week beforehand!

I'll gladly contribute to the cloggering!
                          Steve
                          www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Working...
                          X