nighttime blues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nighttime blues

your on you way to an after hours service call, you get there and another companies truck is parked in the driveway even after you told this person you were on your way and to cancel any othes he or she may of called, now the fun part do you take it on the chin or fight for your service charge{ something else i want to share with my esteemed colleagues never and i mean never respond to anyone at night that is hysterical i wolud put that in the category of the police respoding to a cdv call}

Re: nighttime blues

If i called them to tell them i was on my way, and they didnt say anything about them calling another co., and i pull up to see another company there and this being at night. But your bottom dollar they are getting an invoice for a service call, and a black mark on their record on my computer.
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Sooo what was the call for anyways?
      Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

If I show up and another company is there, yes, they get a service call charge. It is only fair and I believe that the best way to tackle stupidity is to hit it in the wallet, where it means something

oh, and they will also get some pens, magnets, and business cards
        sigpic

Robert

Comment

Yep. Charge them. If they refuse, send them to collections. I have no mercy for low lifes like that.
          Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
            oh, and they will also get some pens, magnets, and business cards
            and a big
            Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
            http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
            http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
              Yep. Charge them. If they refuse, send them to collections. I have no mercy for low lifes like that.
              I agree its wrong for them to do that. I too would try to collect for the service call (that I tell them about before I go out) but if they refuse, you got no shot, zero, at getting that money through collections. You may even be better off leaving them a bill knowing you are never getting paid, and thanking them.

Comment

A CO. I USED TO WORK FOR IN L. A. USED TO GET CREDIT CARDS, IF YOU EST. IN YOUR MIND APPOX. WHAT THE CALL IS WORTH YOU CAN CALL AND GET A AUTHISOED NUMBER TO GURNTEE YOUR NITE CALL BEFORE YOU LEAVE HOME,
                JERRYMAC
                E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

This has only happened to me ONCE when I was a younger buck and lets just say that I let my temper get the better of me....

If it happened to me again, I would pretend like the other plumber wasn't even there and offer to do the work at full charge or they can politely pay me the emergency appointment fee that we politely discussed on the phone and I will be on my way. If they refused I would walk away, and mark them down as owing me money in my computer customer list, just so that I would never work for them again. Maturity has some benefits!
                  Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I would ask for a credit card in advance too, (thats a very good idea) but only for emergency calls coming from new customers.
                    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

It never happened to us but if it had they would have gotten a bill. Although there was no signed contract there was a verbal request for service which would hold up in any small claims court.

Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

small claims court is what I do
                        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Non regular customers have to beg first.

I hate it even when it's a regular call in your day, call them up to tell them you're on your way,
                          and arrive only to find it was done and the person who answered didn't know. Grrrrrr.
                          Last edited by boillerman; 05-05-2008, 05:27 PM.
                          sigpic3:00, I mean 5:00, and work is done. Time to crack a cold one.

Comment

Working...
                          X