Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plumbing in the pioneer west,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03RcFsrL_hE

This is a clip out of a movie, but a good clip as to what homesteaders and ranchers had and did for water in the late 1800's

I know how I felt the day I tipped my 12' Aermotor mill up. and how it is to see it pump water.
    Attached Files
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Re: Plumbing in the pioneer west,

What a great video clip. I believe water is an unappreciated asset which is getting harder to provide in the arid west. As you watch the clips you can feel the excitement the pioneers must have had to have found a clean source of water. I spent two days last week in a Water Rights Conference with the State Engineer of Utah and several of the Legislators. The bottom line is the DNR is looking to audit water rights and cause some to be forfeited because the paper water rights far exceed the water which is available. There are a lot of things man can do without but water is not one of them.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Re: Plumbing in the pioneer west,

Amen, Mark.
      You think the price of oil is high???? wait 'til we run low on clean, drinking water!!!
      Never get in an argument with a fool, bystanders won't know which one is which.....

Comment

Working...
      X