Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They Look Alike, Plumbers Grease + Flux

Only a fool would try to sweat with grease. Tough to git old, he he
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: They Look Alike, Plumbers Grease + Flux

UH-OH,
    Can you imagine what the front bearings you repacked on your truck last month look like by now

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
      Only a fool would try to sweat with grease. Tough to git old, he he
      Wait you don't do a taste test first?

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

When mom and I go to the mall, this is the conversation " Honey ,You remember where We parked the Buick,and I'll remember ,who We are "
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          Wait you don't do a taste test first?

Mark
          Tonight...putting gobs of pro-dope on an ECO because they so often leak if ya don't plaster the hell out of 'em...
          Decided to put my channel locks in my mouth because one hand had the plug and the other was holding the dope.
          A marble sized gob of pro-dope right on the middle of my tongue.
          Strangely..I gotta admit...the stuff does taste kinda good...

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
            Tonight...putting gobs of pro-dope on an ECO because they so often leak if ya don't plaster the hell out of 'em...
            Decided to put my channel locks in my mouth because one hand had the plug and the other was holding the dope.
            Yuck! Great! Now I bet Rick goes and tries it to see if you are right
            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Ducks, I have had problems with prodope leaking also, I stopped using it.

Try megalock, and everything non-plastic, use keytite.
              sigpic

Robert

Comment

there was a guy i used to work with at my old shop.... kind of reminded me of Master Plumb's avatar... scary i know and we used "blue block" on pretty much everything and this guy would come into the shop at night with blue block in his beard, in his hair he was just a mess great mechanic, but just a mess ..... If you are reading this Jay I mean no offense!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                  Yuck! Great! Now I bet Rick goes and tries it to see if you are right
                  i'm more of a slick tite and ridgid teflon dope man myself.

actually the white teflon dope is a good substitute for cream cheese

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

I hate blue-block because as a service guy I often have to take apart joints that were put together by blue-block fanatics and it takes a ridiculous amount of torque to get those joints apart. Maybe good for auto-mechanics, but NOT for plumbing!

I like mega-loc, it stays soft, lubes the joints with liquid teflon and never dries to a hardened brick!
                    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

This actually reminds me of a funny story.

When I was a helper ( like 16 years ago ) , I worked for this company that hired like 10 guys at a time knowing that most would not pan out,

BUT - One day we had this guy that "claimed" he was a mechanic until he started sweating the baseboard and we smelt this horrible smell,

So me and the foreman walked over and the guy was using duck butter ( cast iron pipe grease ) as flux.

We asked him WTF? ..and he responded with " I wanted to use the open container first"....lol

Guess he real had NO IDEA !

This is a true story !

Thanks for letting me share!
                      Last edited by PlumbingSkool; 05-07-2008, 11:53 PM.
                      Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
                      New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
                        So me and the foreman walked over and the guy was using duck butter ( cast iron pipe grease ) as flux.
                        Which would explain the odd looks they been giving me at Granite, Portland & Ferguson when I ask for tinning duckbutter....

Comment

Which would explain the odd looks they been giving me at Granite, Portland & Ferguson when I ask for tinning duckbutter....

LOL .
                          Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
                          New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

We are doing a water repipe at a national seafood chain. All work is done at night. The grid ceilingl and placement of s.s equipment makes for some bad positions to solder in. My partner to drop of flux into his mouth. I asked how it tasted, "salty" was the reply.

Comment

Working...
                            X