X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pex Mess...

Sadly, though this is a perfect example of what happens when people who either don't know, or don't give a crap decide to plumb. Unfortunatly, as bad as it looks, it probably works, and in a lot of minds, that's all that matters. That and the few dollars saved. Do everyone a favor. Set fire to the place and purge us of the abomination.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
      Sadly, though this is a perfect example of what happens when people who either don't know, or don't give a crap decide to plumb. Unfortunatly, as bad as it looks, it probably works, and in a lot of minds, that's all that matters. That and the few dollars saved. Do everyone a favor. Set fire to the place and purge us of the abomination.
      No, can't set fire to things. Must fix, must fix all plumbing....(<-zombie)

The other things I see.

1) We're required to put a concrete slab or mortared-together-masonry under the water heater.
      2) No dielectric break at the top of the water heater.
      3) Must have a "clear path" for removal installation of the water heater.
      4) The galvanized in the back is considered an unvented s-trap.

Any others?

J.C.
      Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 05-07-2008, 07:45 PM.

Comment

[quote=JCsPlumbing;141055] No, can't set fire to things. Must fix, must fix all plumbing....(<-zombie)

The other things I see.

1) We're required to put a concrete slab or mortared-together-masonry under the water heater.
        2) No dielectric break at the top of the water heater.
        3) Must have a "clear path" for removal installation of the water heater.
        4) The galvanized in the back is considered an unvented s-trap.

Any others?

dammit man, Burn it, Burn it I say. Burn it in the holy fire of the righteous.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm thinking of printing this thread and giving it to the homeowner!

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post

very true, I explain to my customers why I need to do it right...and then they tell me, but it worked for years like this

Thats fine, I cut the plastic drain and a 5 gallon bucket of black sludge pours out, yea, I guess it is working.....but not right
            sigpic

Robert

Comment

At 8:30 pm this evening, after a 12-1/2w hr day, I did a walk through on my work for a rough inspection tomorrow.
              I noticed a place where I needed another clip on a water line, which needed a 2x4 block cut and tacked above because it was under a subfloor...my screw gun barely fit into the space, so I had to fight it in.
              You guys know what I mean when I say a silly lil' cordless drill feels like it weighs 100 lbs after a day that long, the irony being the inspector would probably never notice it.
              My shoulders are killing me, my back has been spasming, my knee's ache and I don't care...the job MUST be done right.
              When I see crap like that picture above, I wanna scream.
              Some hack, referring to himself as a "plumber", had the nerve to charge a homeowner to do that?!?

Comment

Working...
              X