Pex Mess...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pex Mess...

Ran across this today. Everyone can't or shouldn't do their own plumbing!

J.C.
    Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 10-04-2008, 10:56 AM.

Re: Pex Mess...

I have seen even worse, it looked like a bowl of spaghetti, and red and blue were tied together everywhere. Supposedly a pro plumber did it, I told the GC I wouldn't touch it without redoing it all completely and I ended up walking away from it.
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Good looking stuff there

I especially like the water heater sitting on dirt behind the cast iron drain.

Going to be some cussing when you get the call to change it

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
        Good looking stuff there

I especially like the water heater sitting on dirt behind the cast iron drain.

Going to be some cussing when you get the call to change it
        From the looks of the rust staring on the side it looks like it may be about that time to change the heater too!

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          Ran across this today. Everyone can't or shouldn't do their own plumbing!

J.C.
          For fun, name the things that aren't up to code in the W/H picture.

Hocus Focus for plumbers.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
            For fun, name the things that aren't up to code in the W/H picture.

Hocus Focus for plumbers.

J.C.

Hmmm, lets see. Shutoff valve, expansion tank, conduit, backflow preventer on the drain, probably T & P line, what else am I missing? Nice dryer vent by the way. Have fun changing the heater when you do.
            Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

You need to have a minimum access to the WH of 20"x30". Don't think I've ever seen a crawl space with big of a door.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

The dry rot on the flooring above is a good example of why they usually put plastic down over dirt. Looks like they had some used lumber when they put in the subfloor.

Comment

Perhaps it would be easier to note what was done correctly. I had my eyes dilated earlier today but through my squinting eyes none of it looks legal.

Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I see 4 more that haven't been mentioned. At least how things are enforced in my area. Don't want to be an a$$ so I'll tell the easy one.

1)Improper support on distribution piping.

The other 3????

(Plumbing only. I'm dumb as wood at about wood, electric, or HVAC. Some might even say plumbing!)

J.C.

Comment

No drip pan under tank. I'll let the other guys get the other two.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                        No drip pan under tank. I'll let the other guys get the other two.
                        They don't enforce a drip pan under the tank in crawlspaces here. But they might start soon. And one of the things I noticed they might not enforce where you are. I'll list it if noone gets it soon. At least the ones I see.

J.C.

Comment

I'm sure it must be the camera angle, but this looks like a violation of the first rule of plumbing!
                          I've seen a lot of crazy things like this over the years. It never fails to amuse me.
                          sigpic3:00, I mean 5:00, and work is done. Time to crack a cold one.

Comment

Originally posted by boillerman View Post
                            I'm sure it must be the camera angle, but this looks like a violation of the first rule of plumbing!
                            I've seen a lot of crazy things like this over the years. It never fails to amuse me.
                            No. "IT" does run downhill!

J.C.

Comment

it isnt plumbing but there should be an electrical shutoff within eyesight of the unit be it knife switch or circuit breaker they may be behind you but based on the camera angle it isnt

no vacuum breaker on the unit

and most of the other things i can see wher pointed out in earlier posts

Comment

Working...
                              X