X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just Have To Vent

I agree with you 110% Robert. No one gives a @$#& any more about anyone but themselves!

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
      I agree with you 110% Robert. No one gives a @$#& any more about anyone but themselves!
      No Spinner,you couldn't be further from the truth.
      We all care about YOU!!!

EEH-HE-HEEEE!!!!

OFF TO THE HILLS
      GOOD MORNING EVERYONE
      WHAAAA-HOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I understand where you are coming from believe me! People can be rude jerks! But you know as well as I, that this is not the first, nor the last time that someone will do this. I don't get mad about it any more, I just try to laugh at the stupidity of these people.
        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Call him back Robert but do it from a pay phone ........just because
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
            No Spinner,you couldn't be further from the truth.
            We all care about YOU!!!

EEH-HE-HEEEE!!!!

OFF TO THE HILLS
            GOOD MORNING EVERYONE
            WHAAAA-HOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
            Thanks Adam!

Comment

UPDATE!!!

Ok, so I am driving to west Los Angeles to run a call, my buddy calls me to see what I am doing, he ask's me if I got a call last night, I said, ummm, yeah, why?

He said he gave some guy my name, no number, as a referall, I guess the guy wanted his kitchen sink cleared last night for $50.00

My buddy didn't give him my number, because his hands were dirty and he didn't want to scroll through his phone, so the guy looked me up on line, found my referall service and called throught the service.

$50.00 My buddy knows I don't leave anywhere for less then $80.00, he was just being a jerk and was hoping the guy would ask me to come and clear it for $50.00 like he asked him.

sigpic

Robert

Comment

Let me see if I got this straight. Your buddy said you would do the job for 50? He set a price on the job. He sounds like a "good buddy" if you ask me.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                  Let me see if I got this straight. Your buddy said you would do the job for 50? He set a price on the job. He sounds like a "good buddy" if you ask me.
                  Oh man, he was just messin' with Robert, I love pranks, receive or dish it out, either way. As long as they don't get out of control...

So dish it back at him, Robert. Call the Jehovah Witnesses and give them your buddy's address, saying he's interested in their religion....

What comes around goes around, right PC......
                  Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post

LOL, the customer called him, asked him to do it for 50, he said no and passed my name over.

It's ok, because his dad is in oklahoma at their ranch, he is manning all the calls this weekend....hmmm, maybe I need to start a prank thread....

I think I will have an emergency at ummm, 9pm, no matter the cost of the service call
                    sigpic

Robert

Comment

let me offer some perspective on the FLIP side, from the person calling (not necessarily in this case since your buddy set up this non-emergency call)....

i have a buddy who's a craftsman (lumber, cabinet installs, remodels, etc.) and he's a night owl. before i had kids i was a night owl, too so i'd call him about business and projects.. most of his professional buddies were night owls, too so he'd call them at midnight and later to talk shop....

some of us do live at night instead of the daylight hours. not saying i'm dense but if i saw a sign that said 24 hours i might think that person is open to calls late, too...

in my case, i own some apts. and have my voicemail system msg. me when someone calls for an emergency. i check my voicemail and if it's an emergency, imo, i call back, otherwise it waits until the next day..

so that's one view from the other side...

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                        Call him back Robert but do it from a pay phone ........just because
                        they still have them
                        Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                        http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                        http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by jcanedo View Post
                          let me offer some perspective on the FLIP side, from the person calling (not necessarily in this case since your buddy set up this non-emergency call)....

i have a buddy who's a craftsman (lumber, cabinet installs, remodels, etc.) and he's a night owl. before i had kids i was a night owl, too so i'd call him about business and projects.. most of his professional buddies were night owls, too so he'd call them at midnight and later to talk shop....

some of us do live at night instead of the daylight hours. not saying i'm dense but if i saw a sign that said 24 hours i might think that person is open to calls late, too...

in my case, i own some apts. and have my voicemail system msg. me when someone calls for an emergency. i check my voicemail and if it's an emergency, imo, i call back, otherwise it waits until the next day..

so that's one view from the other side...
                          I am the same way, a bit of a night-owl, calls at strange hours don't bother me much.

However the fact that this individual called in the evening and was more concerned about the price than the service says something about his character. I wouldn't work for this person either as he obviously can't afford robert or myself!
                          Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Oh these are the types I hold dear and true, close to my heart.

I am a man of eat, so I have to go to the grocery store.

Never have I been told that those postcards in all those magazine stands laying around wasn't a problem if someone does the kind gesture of cleaning up!

I can manage at least 15 of those subscription cards per visit because they always fall out of the magazines and Wah-Lah!

I've done the duty of checking the box, "Bill me Later" on the cards so that my wonderful customer learns the luxury of spending hours on the phone speaking to complete strangers trying to stop the onslaught of wanting something for nothing....and now getting that.

Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                              Oh these are the types I hold dear and true, close to my heart.

I am a man of eat, so I have to go to the grocery store.

Never have I been told that those postcards in all those magazine stands laying around wasn't a problem if someone does the kind gesture of cleaning up!

I can manage at least 15 of those subscription cards per visit because they always fall out of the magazines and Wah-Lah!

I've done the duty of checking the box, "Bill me Later" on the cards so that my wonderful customer learns the luxury of spending hours on the phone speaking to complete strangers trying to stop the onslaught of wanting something for nothing....and now getting that.

that is very interesting.

that prank happens on the east coast too
                              sigpic

Robert

Comment

You could have fun with this one Robert.

Get back at your "friend".

I had a "friend" that was a pain in the &^% so I placed a for sale ad in the newspaper for a 67 corvette in mint condition, must sell, call between 1:00am and 5:00am. Best 20.00 I ever spent.

If you want to get back at the jerk that hung up on you, post his phone number.
                                Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Working...
                                X