Just Have To Vent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Have To Vent

Got a call this evening from my lead service.

6:45 on a fri night, a customer calling to see what it costs to clear a sink stoppage, then I explain the cost, 4 times to him, and he hangs up on
    me

Tried calling for the last hour, his phone is off

My point of view on the subject

why would you call anyone on a friday evening to ask for an estimate or quote, on a non emergency?

ever heard of family time? this was an emergency? no he wanted the service maybe tomorrow......

The rudeness of customers....and it cost me $14.00, and he still has not turned his phone on

My solution......I am going to call him this evening at 11:30 to see if he wants to schedule the call for tomorrow for 8am
    sigpic

Robert

Re: Just Have To Vent

i would call him and if he gets mad say just wanted to chat with some one
    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
      Got a call this evening from my lead service.

6:45 on a fri night, a customer calling to see what it costs to clear a sink stoppage, then I explain the cost, 4 times to him, and he hangs up on
      me

Tried calling for the last hour, his phone is off

My point of view on the subject

why would you call anyone on a friday evening to ask for an estimate or quote, on a non emergency?

ever heard of family time? this was an emergency? no he wanted the service maybe tomorrow......

The rudeness of customers....and it cost me $14.00, and he still has not turned his phone on

My solution......I am going to call him this evening at 11:30 to see if he wants to schedule the call for tomorrow for 8am
      Or even better, call him at 3am and say, OOPs...i hit redial by accident
      The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
        Or even better, call him at 3am and say, OOPs...i hit redial by accident

Lol, thats funny!
        sigpic

Robert

Comment

I use to get calls in the middle of the night to schedule work the following week. When I would ask why they called so late they would tell me my trucks say 24-hours.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            I use to get calls in the middle of the night to schedule work the following week. When I would ask why they called so late they would tell me my trucks say 24-hours.

Mark

I love working 24 hrs, not a problem, love the night air, but I hate to get called or woken up for a price request on a non- emergency. This could wait till the morning or a work day.

Schedule the job, that makes me happy and makes me feel better
            sigpic

Robert

Comment

When rob is woken up it takes him an hour or two to fall back asleep.......toss and turn, toss and turn

Comment

Do him a favor Rob.Compromise,somewhere between 12 and 3am.Help him see the light.

Comment

I noticed I used to get all my calls before 8am or after 5pm. 645 guy is done with dinner and is trying to do the dishes when he notices the sink is stopped up. Probably tried calling around to get something scheduled on early Saturday.

I didn't know the lead service charges 14 whether you get the job or not. Sounds like a bad deal. Robert, I'm not even a 10th of your operation and I would never waste an hour trying to call someone back who hung up on me. Value your self worth more than that.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

i say give us the # and we can call him
                    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

You might want to check with your lead service, some won't charge you if you don't get the job but more then likely you'll spend $73.65 worth wasting your time on hold or filling out paper work to get your $14.00 back.

MY MOTO: 24/7 Emergency service but I decide what/when you have an emergency
                      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
                        i say give us the # and we can call him
                        PERFECT
                        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Its the nature of the beast, live with it. 24/7 calls (even bulls*&%# calls) is the way this business is.
                          Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Yes, but I reserve the right to determine what an emergency is. I don't mind going out for a genuine emergency....burst pipe, flood, mainline backup etc. But a dripping faucet, something that can wait (without doing property damage), I'll still go out if they want, but I let them know it will really cost them.
                            The Other Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                              Its the nature of the beast, live with it. 24/7 calls (even bulls*&%# calls) is the way this business is.

I understand that and don't mind the emergency calls, but what ever happened to manners??

I would never call to bother someone with a question of no urgency
                              Last edited by westcoastplumber; 05-10-2008, 09:48 AM.
                              sigpic

Robert

Comment

Working...
                              X