Dumb Question....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb Question....

This may be a dumb question, but then how can I learn? Exactly how does the Ridgid Jet Vac work? Model H-32/Catalog#67187. Do you simply connect it to the inlet side of any Jetter?

J.C.

Re: Dumb Question....

Go the drain cleaning side of this forum, but seriously, call the rep in your area. I have a Spartan machine that was given to me. I needed a new cable, the Spartan rep delivered it and spent about an hour with me showing me their sewer cam and just answering questions and giving me tips and tricks of the trade. The cable wasn't even 300 bucks, so he spent a lot of time for a small invoice. The good reps are like that, they know that is a small investment of time for big sales later.

Comment

This is a shot in the dark but I think it use the venturi principle. The water is rushing by a tee so fast that it causes a pressure drop in the branch and that sucks up the water. I've made these many times where I needed a mud pump and had a fire hydrant available.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Its freakin cool to watch. I just saw one for the first time 4 years ago at our schoolhouse. I'll have to see if they can demo it during the roundup. Its amazing how fast it sucks water out.

Comment

http://www.animatedsoftware.com/pumpglos/jet_pump.htm

This is what I meant.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
            This is a shot in the dark but I think it use the venturi principle. The water is rushing by a tee so fast that it causes a pressure drop in the branch and that sucks up the water. I've made these many times where I needed a mud pump and had a fire hydrant available.
            Does the Navy still have the Peri-Jet?

Comment

US Jet has the same principal, I saw a demo, it was really cool. I am glad to know ridgid has this tool. I didn't know about it.
              sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                Does the Navy still have the Peri-Jet?
                Only been on a ship one time and that was as a passenger. I have more in common with Marines than I do the navy.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                  Think you're right. I didn't notice the connection at the inlet point. I have worked on my share of jet pumps. Now I don't feel so dumb.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                  X