X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kudos to tri-cities plumbing.. a small rant

i had to go to Bedford, Texas and help my sister with a massive estate sale (our mother's house) and get my stuff out of her house in prep for rehab/sale.

long story short we had a couple of small plumbing problems. i was in no mood (nor had the tools here) to deal with it. so on Mother's Day i tried to get a plumber out. let me tell you that OVERALL customer service DOES NOT EXIST in the HEB area.

since i really don't know anyone here i had to resort to the yellow pages. now i realize it was a holiday BUT i needed a professional plumber. i got several answering machines (i guess "we answer the phone 24 hours a day" means voice mail), one woman who screamed, "he's NOT comming out today", to a woman the explained her husband was tied up with a new construction and could not get to me but gave me the name & number of 2 possibilities (one being tri-cities) and 2 plumbers who NOT to call. one returned my message about an hour later and we agree to a meeting the next day (today) between 8AM-9AM. about 7:45 (today) i get a call fron tri-cities. they appologize for not calling earlier but their daughter graduated on sunday and could they be of service. i explain that i have someone comming out and thank them for the call. as an aside i say if the scheduled plumber has a problem i'll call them back.

well the scheduled plumber IS A NO SHOW, so i call tri-cities and they schedule for between noon and 2PM. cool.

they show up, do the job, are EXTREMELY professional and charged a very fair price or the work.

we will use them when the house is ready for sale to clear the sewer lines and extract roots if needed. i wish i could tell the entire N. Texas area about this company. Ken Smith, his son Dustin, and his wife (unfortunately i don't remember her name) were curtious, professional, and a joy to do business with.

i got several return calls AFTER 4PM saying they were ready to come out. i politely said, "it's been taken care of by tri-cities" and hung up.

hats off to Ken, Dustin, and their wife/mother. they define customer service...3 thumbs up

rant off

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Re: kudos to tri-cities plumbing.. a small rant

Steve, that was thoughtful.
    I derive much of my business from a referral service of sorts, I might rant & rave here alot about "problem" customers, but the reality is I go well out of my way for customer convenience & I have learned that good references DO pay off.
    You should put something on Angie's list or maybe offer a statement they can use in their advertizing.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
      Steve, that was thoughtful.
      I derive much of my business from a referral service of sorts, I might rant & rave here alot about "problem" customers, but the reality is I go well out of my way for customer convenience & I have learned that good references DO pay off.
      You should put something on Angie's list or maybe offer a statement they can use in their advertizing.
      DB, thanks. i will do the Angie's List thing. i felt really weird and small knowing what to do and not having the tools to do it NOR a name to fall back on. i am giving their name & number to the 3 real estate agents that are vying to list my/our mom's house.

i will shout great customer service from the mountain tops. there may be better in north Texas but i've not dealt with or met them.

steve
      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Thanks for sharing this wit us !

I personally LOVE to hear when others do well!

If anyone needs help with anything on the "net" let me know by sending me a pm

I would be more then glad to help!

Comment

Working...
        X