Toto flushometer battery problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toto flushometer battery problems

Installed automatic flushometers (5) and every one had a dead battery. The batteries are lithium and are available only from toto. Any ideas where to get new batteries and is there any recourse with toto since they're a consumable but should should've had some type of juice left?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Toto flushometer battery problems

A) I recommend calling TOTO customer service as being new flush valves the batteries should be fresh and good. Monday – Friday, 8:00a.m. - 7:00p.m. eastern, 1-888-295-8134

B) Can you read any name or numbers on the batteries? I may be able to cross them to the actual manufacturer's product, especially if you can find numbers on them. (battery manufacture that is) and where to buy replacements.

Comment

Called toto today and they're sending new batteries free of charge. They also said that their flushometer go through a self diagnosis when 1st turned on and this could be reason for the red light blinking. The manual only mentions a red light for a low battery.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I hope the new batteries arrive soon and work out for you.

Comment

Ths would be a very good reason not to buy a TOTO flushometer.

I want to go out a service call and be able to switch batteries without having to special order
          sigpic

Robert

Comment

agree 110% how can you tell the client in a service situation that their urininal or w/c will be down for a week until the special order battery comes in? Especially in a commercial application!

Comment

We need to look hard at the supplied battery and find out how to cross it over to the brand and part number it actually is. TOTO didn't make it. One of the major battery companies did. Then once we know what it really is, find a good source and get a few extras to keep and sell when needed.

Ben, Please do this forum a big favor and post any and all info you can by looking at one of the batteries. If you have to, cut and remove the fancy film wrapper as needed. That would be on a battery you feel is no good now.

Comment

Working...
              X