Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • rant

    clean a customers sewer a week ago, and today she calls and complains the price is to high we charge a flat rate of 225$ thru a clean out , try to explain to her that the cost is the sum of the whole insurance our csrs that answer the phone trucks expertise, you all know what i mean,any way go round and round she compares me to a laywer i say but we come to your home and she says you were only here 15 min.{they all say that}finally i say were going nowhere she says i will never call you again i try to tell her that some charge less and some charge a whole lot more she dont care, so as i hang up the phone i think to myself the hel# with this treatment ive got a lot of years in this business ive been thru this before your not going to change there minds, iam honest, if i feel one of my techs charges to much i am the first to give back. so the next time that call come in and we are justified no more mister nice guy i will bluntly say you were charged fairly have a nice day. end of story thanks for listening. i take my work probably to seriously but i care. whew that felt good

  • #2
    Re: rant

    Let it out fellow wrench spinner.

    $225 to snake out a main line through a clean out? Around here your gonna be paying that to snake out a lav. drain.

    I still need more work on dealing with the ******* customers.

    The one's that piss me off the most are the, "Oh, while your here" mother ****ers, and the one's who's houses are trashed and it take you longer to move their **** than to do the work.
    Proud To Be Union!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: rant

      Originally posted by aero1 View Post
      clean a customers sewer a week ago, and today she calls and complains the price is to high we charge a flat rate of 225$ thru a clean out , try to explain to her that the cost is the sum of the whole insurance our csrs that answer the phone trucks expertise, you all know what i mean,any way go round and round she compares me to a laywer i say but we come to your home and she says you were only here 15 min.{they all say that}finally i say were going nowhere she says i will never call you again i try to tell her that some charge less and some charge a whole lot more she dont care, so as i hang up the phone i think to myself the hel# with this treatment ive got a lot of years in this business ive been thru this before your not going to change there minds, iam honest, if i feel one of my techs charges to much i am the first to give back. so the next time that call come in and we are justified no more mister nice guy i will bluntly say you were charged fairly have a nice day. end of story thanks for listening. i take my work probably to seriously but i care. whew that felt good
      You said you charged a flat rate of $225, didn't you give her the price up front and explain how you charge?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: rant

        You should call her back and tell her to take a flying %$#@ off a !$##$$* ()&*^% and stuff it up her *&^* %$# untill blood runs out her&^%$ %^&* and if she doesn't like that then she can *&^% herself with a stick. And if she give you any more lip you'll drive over to her house and personally cram a pipe wrench up her *&% ^%&$.

        And then you will feel better....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: rant

          thanks nhmaster you try to explain and you get tired of taking shi#, yes that is my policy we tell all up front and make the customer sign off and accept the charges before work is done and, that is what irks me most when in need its no problem and a week latter that is all forgotten and somehow no longer relevant. after 26 years you would think this wouldnt bother me anymore but when i feel like someone is devaluing our services it still rattles the hel# out of me,{ need to chill need to chill}

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: rant

            Someone probably told her, or she read somewhere that someone could/would do it for less.

            Is this the same lady who called me the other day? Maybe she haunts the forums???

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: rant

              Originally posted by aero1 View Post
              thanks nhmaster you try to explain and you get tired of taking shi#, yes that is my policy we tell all up front and make the customer sign off and accept the charges before work is done and, that is what irks me most when in need its no problem and a week latter that is all forgotten and somehow no longer relevant. after 26 years you would think this wouldnt bother me anymore but when i feel like someone is devaluing our services it still rattles the hel# out of me,{ need to chill need to chill}
              If i may make a suggestion. I have found a way to totally eliminate any call backs about prices, and pretty much any arguments about prices.

              I to am a flat rate company. Since i have been flat rate, i have NEVER had a price complaint.

              Heres how i do it. I diagnose the problem. After i get my diagnosis, i will tell the customer to excuse me just a min while i work up your price and options.

              I have a special paper that i use to write down 3 choices, with 3 different prices.

              1st price will be the highest, and that will be for all the bells and whistles, (jetting, video inspection, etc.)

              2nd price will be the middle price, (cable, video inspection)

              3rd price will be the lowest and that will be your basic cabling and getting out.

              Ill present it to the customer and say "I have worked up 3 different prices and options for you, explain the value in each 1, and let the customer decide what they want to pay.

              It basically gets you out of the whole price objection and complaint. They made the decision.

              To tell you the truth, most customers i present it to, will go for the highest price and better service after i explained the VALUE in the price and equipment. Each option has different warranties as well.

              Option 1, 1yr , option 2, 6mos, option 3, 30 days.

              Trust me, this works.

              You will eliminate the callbacks about the prices. And if they do call back, "But maam, i gave you the options and the prices, you chose what you wanted done."

              Case closed
              The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

              www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: rant

                appreciate the replies, presenting options i like that, but in this case i think as one of my colleagues pointed out someone probably told her she could have got it done cheaper and its hard to stop that,it just blindsides you, so in the future iam no longer going to engage or rage just listen laugh and say goodbye who needs it, now if someone has a problem with work done that was paid for ill do what ever it take to satisfy them, the others can go to plumbing hel#, thanks pros.{sad thing is this rarely happens but when it does it can sure ruin a few hours of the day}

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: rant

                  Y'know........in my 5 years under my company name, I've never had one customer call back and complain about price.


                  Never have I been called back because I incorrectly did something totally wrong.


                  But, I will say that there are those who will not call me back because of price.

                  I'm getting so good at hanging up on unruly/idiot customers that I'm planning on youtubing about 12 of them and makin myself a Supa Stah! like William Shatner.


                  Call me Nazi plumber for short; NO PLUMBER FOR YOU!!
                  Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: rant

                    Whenever a customer complains and tells me they won't call me again I quickly reply & make sure they know they CANNOT call me again for anything. I tell them I'm FIRING THEM for being a dishonest customer. That pisses'em off.

                    J.C.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: rant

                      What bothers me a lot is the times I've heard of someone telling someone else: "He's good, and he's cheap, too."

                      I cannot fathom how being called cheap is a compliment.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: rant

                        Originally posted by Herk View Post
                        What bothers me a lot is the times I've heard of someone telling someone else: "He's good, and he's cheap, too."

                        I cannot fathom how being called cheap is a compliment.
                        I think Robert WestCoast has a saying that goes along with this:
                        You can have it Fast;
                        You can have it Good:
                        or You can have it cheap!! But you can't have all three!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: rant

                          Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                          You should call her back and tell her to take a flying %$#@ off a !$##$$* ()&*^% and stuff it up her *&^* %$# untill blood runs out her&^%$ %^&* and if she doesn't like that then she can *&^% herself with a stick. And if she give you any more lip you'll drive over to her house and personally cram a pipe wrench up her *&% ^%&$.

                          And then you will feel better....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
                          Please don`t make me laugh and yes I can understand your abbreviations NH my sides are already spitting

                          Tony

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: rant

                            Cheap and good are never in the same sentance
                            sigpic

                            Robert

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: rant

                              Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                              Cheap and good are never in the same sentance
                              Hey I thought i was close enough beside same poin isnt it?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X