Customers Pets.... Why me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customers Pets.... Why me?

Sometimes I think it only happens to me...

Doing a small bathroom repipe today and work came to a stop.

Fluffy decided to come investigate the work and thought it would be great to explore inside the wall and between the floors of the house.

Owner #1 resorts to the high tech cat removal tool.... ( Shake the bag of cat food for an hour and hope)

Owner #2 decides it would be best to talk nice to the kitty in the hopes of getting it out. ( He eventually gets frustrated and cusses out kitty)

Two Billable hours later the cat decided it was bored and came out when the owners decided to leave it alone

Anyone else have any customer pet experiences????

Re: Customers Pets.... Why me?

Turbo-Torch with a W-6 tip and that cat would of been outta there!

Always make the following statements:

"Ma'am/Sir? The dog needs to be put in a separate room away from the work area for insurance reasons."

"But fluffy is truely harmless he's just curious"

"Should we reschedule for another time to come back?" <<< That's when I've had to repeat myself more than twice.

If it works for the cable/electric company.....it'll work for me.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I once did a job for an extremely old lady who had a leak under her bathroom.

I was required to enter through a scuttle hole into the crawl space. She mentioned that she had a few cats down there and to pay no attention to them.

Turns out, they were not actually her cats but stray ferrel cats that had been living in there for many years. 4 of them to be exact. The crawl space was bedded with lime stone chips which had been acting as a HUGE litter box for years. The smell was so strong I didn't last more that 2 minutes down there before my lungs could not take the ammonia anymore.

Not to mention, those cats were not happy I was down there AT ALL!! They were hissing and eyeballing me like they were going to rip my face off.

I've been attacked by several dogs too. I like to F with them when the home owner isn't looking. It makes me laugh

I'm going to start a thread about the worst insect encounters. I'm sure mine will pale in comparison to some of you guys out west.
      www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

i've had good , bad and downright scary pet incidents.

the good is when the dog or sometimes a cat will join you inside a cabinet and rest on your chest when you're on your back working.

bad is when the dog doesn't want you to leave and snaps as you go for the door.

and scary when the hole you drilled through the wall for 1/2'' copper into the wall for the other cabinet suddenly goes dark.

you look, only to see an eye ball looking back from the other side

it was the cat spying on me

and yes i had a cat run through a tub access panen and into the dead space of the apron.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Hey, at least it wasn't a kid. Screw the cat, I'm just in love with that lead tub leader coming off the closet bend. Old shcool, gawd I miss it.
          sigpic

Comment

NHMaster3015, Yea the Lead is cool, I would keep some of it but there are just to many nail holes in it. This house is all lead and CI ( no plastic)
            This is the bathroom that is above the bathroom in the thread

"Why did my toilet fall through my floor"

Comment

I went to a mainline stoppage, the customer said "My friend is there waiting for you", so ok, no worries, I went, I knocked, she answered, she had no clue why I was there, I told her, then I said, I am going ot the side yard to look for a cleanout, , is there any dogs there?? she said no, go ahead

biggest mistake I made, I opened the gate, and started inside, around to the side and sure as shi*, out comes a ugly mean dog showing teeth, I ran with all my heart, dog behind me, over the fence

Long story short, I left that customers house, her mainline still stopped up

stupid people really upset me.
              sigpic

Robert

Comment

I Had a repipe job for a customer who owned a few cats. The laundry room contained the over flowing litter box and cat piss on the floor. The ammonia smell was unbearable for the first hour. I had to leave every 5 minutes at the beginning. There was a door leading to the outside I wanted to open to ventilate the space but he had the door barricaded from the outside with yard debris. The tub/shower valve had to be accessed from there as well as the shelf mounted water heater and the washing machine. I had to put my tools on top of his washing machine to keep my bag from getting wet. When that room was finished and I moved on to his nasty A** bathrooms it was like a treat. Worse part was he was retired Navy, he sat on his lazy boy and watched moves the whole day. Commence field day!

Comment

I've always liked it when customers have pets. Chicks always seem to like it when I play with there *****. On the other hand, there's always the older ladies with too many cats that smell up the place. And of course the a-holes who's dog's doesn't bite, who does bike. I got bitten by a pit-bull once, it was not good. On the other hand, the price did double.....

Comment

The other day I spent about 15 minutes looking for a little kitten I thought may have ventured outside while i was going for parts on the van. It finally turned up in the house. I was working on my speech to the customer. "Well mrs.xxxx since it was a cat and a kitten at that, you couldn't have been that attached to it yet.

Comment

Many years ago I was called out to a duplex by the trust department of a local bank. Fix the shower faucet.
                      Walking by the tenants car I glanced in the back and saw dog crap on the seat. I thought, this doesn't bode well.
                      The lady opened the door and I was greeted by 3 barking toy poodles and a stench that would knock a buzzard over.
                      She acted like nothing was wrong. I stepped in and "crunch". It sounded like walking on dried pecans. There was dog crap wall to wall, old and new, on the counters, tables, furniture. The lady was obviously not with her full capacities.
                      I couldn't go further. I left called the bank and told them I wouldn't be back until it was cleaned up.
                      They called a week later. I went back. They had shovelled a path from the door to the bathroom!
                      It is absolutely the most disgusting and sad situation I've ever seen.
                      "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by 1HandyHandyman View Post
                        I Had a repipe job for a customer who owned a few cats. The laundry room contained the over flowing litter box and cat piss on the floor. The ammonia smell was unbearable for the first hour. I had to leave every 5 minutes at the beginning. There was a door leading to the outside I wanted to open to ventilate the space but he had the door barricaded from the outside with yard debris. The tub/shower valve had to be accessed from there as well as the shelf mounted water heater and the washing machine. I had to put my tools on top of his washing machine to keep my bag from getting wet. When that room was finished and I moved on to his nasty A** bathrooms it was like a treat. Worse part was he was retired Navy, he sat on his lazy boy and watched moves the whole day. Commence field day!
                        I hope you had the opportunity to qoute accordingly before starting the project.Double the regular price hardly seems fair compensation.

Comment

Working...
                        X