Clear All

Re: Worst Insect Encounters On The Job

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'S
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
      BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'S
      Stay cool....Years ago a friend showed me how I could pet a hive and hold more than a thousand in my cupped hands and arms then just gently fling them away to go about their business.Tried it once since then,they all bunched up and started acting aggitated.Never since then.Don't know if they're Africanized.

Comment

During a remodeling job a few years ago I was removing 12 x 12 ceiling tiles off the ceiling of an old rowhome in the city. Instead of tossing them on the ground from twelve feet up I gathered a few and handed them in a pile to a coworker. Things were productive during this handoff until at least one of the 12 x 12 tiles had a variety of roaches on them like a serving platter of black and brown roaches. My "help" ran out and left me with this pile which I had to dispose of before the roaches noticed they were discovered. It was a messy mess to say the least and all future tiles removed were inspected before handing them off. I don't think the help was much help after this episode of roach platter/splatter.

Comment

not sure if it was the worst, but the most useful.

many years ago i was called out to attempt to locate a leak going through a sub-terrainian garage wall.

needed to rule out the sewer main. so i run a camera and all looks fine. then the roaches make a cameo. as the camera came in for a close up, they split. the disappeared into the no hub joint.

of course on camera the joint looked fine. well the roaches knew the access code and scrambled through the joint. this was the leak i was looking for

so roaches in a sewer can be your best friend.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
          X