Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have an appointment...no customer, no job.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I have an appointment...no customer, no job.

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post

How many people know what the word remarkable means?

Ask yourself that ......

?????????

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
      ?????????
      Yea, thats what I meant

You asked "how many people know what awesome is"

Ok lets put it this way.....

People buy Expensive cars right?

Its not finding the market, Its finding the people in YOUR MARKET.

Comment

I smell a sales pitch before this thread is over. Kind of like the guy walking around trying to sell the fake counterfit money detector to the shopkeepers before he tries to pass the phony bills days later.

Comment

Yea, thats what I meant

You asked "how many people know what awesome is"

Ok lets put it this way.....

People buy Expensive cars right?

Its not finding the market, Its finding the people in YOUR MARKET.
          No, I actually asked how many people know what awesome plumbing work is.
          How many customers will know if I installed their steam boiler with an upsized drop header that will give them dryer more efficient steam?

How many people will know if I properly vented their fixtures during a roughing or if I installed a a.a.v.?

Comment

No, I actually asked how many people know what awesome plumbing work is.
            How many customers will know if I installed their steam boiler with an upsized drop header that will give them dryer more efficient steam?

How many people will know if I properly vented their fixtures during a roughing or if I installed a a.a.v.?
            How many people will know if you work like a slob?

How many people wll know if you can sweat a clean , no drip , no run, no error joint?

How many people can see what kind of updated equipment you use?

These things all play an important part.....

MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THIS POST

If you can get your local phone book to publish color pictures of your company and lots of them on frequent basis then I retract all my statements, That alone is why the web is better then a phonebook

Thats the real sales question.....SEE your thinking to much.

Customers care about a clean, and respectable person as well and the parts and code, When you hold a license that insures that they are covered,

When they can see that your a clean , well groomed person with a positive attitude that means a lot.

OH and for the "I smell a sales pitch"

What does that mean?

I have nothing to sell?

I am in my kitchen typing to you , and just having an enjoyable debate to try to see others views so I can make the industry better as a whole.

So, sorry I have nothing to sell, But I like cheesecake from time to time, so feel free to send me some if you like
            Last edited by PlumbingSkool; 05-21-2008, 07:06 PM.

Comment

So, sorry I have nothing to sell, But I like cheesecake from time to time, so feel free to send me some if you like

Ill take some too
              The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

How many people will know if you work like a slob?

How many people wll know if you can sweat a clean , no drip , no run, no error joint?

How many people can see what kind of updated equipment you use?

These things all play an important part.....

MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THIS POST

If you can get your local phone book to publish color pictures of your company and lots of them on frequent basis then I retract all my statements, That alone is why the web is better then a phonebook

Thats the real sales question.....SEE your thinking to much.

Customers care about a clean, and respectable person as well and the parts and code, When you hold a license that insures that they are covered,

When they can see that your a clean , well groomed person with a positive attitude that means a lot.

OH and for the "I smell a sales pitch"

What does that mean?

I have nothing to sell?

I am in my kitchen typing to you , and just having an enjoyable debate to try to see others views so I can make the industry better as a whole.

Like I said how many people care if my solder joints are pretty? btw...they are.

Look I'm all for selling yourself in all possible ways, believe me, the majority of my work comes from word of mouth.

How many people really care about the updated equiptment I use?
                Most people want the job done as efficiently as possible, how many people actually know what equiptment is out there, never mind what is updated?

I dont advertise in the yellow pages, so I could give a rats behind about them posting pictures of work.

I agree customers want a clean well groomed respectful technician but saying you are these things on a website dont mean squat if you dont present it in person.

Most people, not all want a licensed plumber doing their work, that is why moonlighters do what they do. I am licensed in 2 states, I have 2 million dollars of liability insurance, keep 1 million dollars insurance on my work vehicles and have the necessary $10,000 bond. My customers are protected.

I am not anti web, I have one, it is budget, but I'm proud to say I put it together myself. It just isnt as necessary as you seem to think.

I was a service manager for a large service co. in Westchester County before going out on my own,the owner belonged to so many associations. I've been to all the trade association pow-wows, from air-time 500, contractors success group, plumbers success international, service experts and so on, and trust me, no where was a web site for plumbers high on any of their lists, and these were some of the best minds put together in the plumbing, heating, a/c & sales industry

And as far as the cheesecake, just pm me your address and I'll hand deliver it if you like

Comment

How many customers even know what awesome work is? Some do, Most dont. The best form of advertising is word of mouth, bottom line, the same way if I eat at a restaurant and tell my friends about it they will want to try it to. How many times have you gone to a restaurant simply because they had a high powered website? I can tell you I havent
                  'Nuff said, thats it right there, I said the exact same thing on another post, about 500 posts ago on this thread earlier today.
                  You're dead on.

It's simple, earn your customers with hard work, be honest & treat them like they're you're neighbor that you'll have to see every day, not like a sales prospect with insincere congeniality, clean up when you're done...have a chuckle or two and ALWAYS answer the phone when they call.
                  When Betty at work tells Mike her water heater went, he tells her to give you a call because he knows you won't make him look bad.

Comment

Working...
                  X