Ridgid Pro Pak

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Pro Pak

I've had my Ridgid Pro Pak wet/dry vac for a while. i'm not real excited.

Most often, I use it for sucking the remaining water from toilet tanks and bowls prior to pulling the toilet, then perhaps sucking up any water that got on the floor.

I find that while I'm trying to suck up water from the floor, the unit is spraying water from the sides. When I open it, there is perhaps an inch and a half of water in the bottom. Apparently, the filter gets saturated and water just starts spraying out. If you suck up any quantity of water, it starts spraying out the top.

Now, this might be a non-issue if filters were available that were like the foam wet filters for other vacs, but there doesn't seem to be anything like that available. In fact, the Home Depot I got the unit in only stocks one expensive filter for this unit.

Does Ridgid have any plans to make this thing useful?

BTW - the forum went down just as I was trying to post this. Gremlins?

Re: Ridgid Pro Pak

Rule of thumb, I think it's a good idea to remove the filter when vacuuming water.
    The filter is for dry/dust type debris so you're not clouding out the place when sucking sawdust or drywall demo.

Comment

I've been going through the manual and sure enough, you're correct. It says you can use the filter for small amounts of water but for more water you can take the filter off. I didn't see that on my initial perusal of the manual, probably because there's so much silly junk in there.

I experimented with it and wrapped a foam filter around the cage, then sucked up water until the float closed off. No problems.

Problem solved!

Comment

Originally posted by Herk View Post
        I've been going through the manual and sure enough, you're correct. It says you can use the filter for small amounts of water but for more water you can take the filter off. I didn't see that on my initial perusal of the manual, probably because there's so much silly junk in there.

I experimented with it and wrapped a foam filter around the cage, then sucked up water until the float closed off. No problems.

Problem solved!
        I hereby gloat...not often I can be of assistance to a fella thats been in the business as long as you.

Comment

You'd think I could read directions. Or operate a shop vac. :-)

Comment

I am going to try and remain civil as I am generally happy with most Ridgid products especially my wide mouth adjustable wrench Aaron91 talked me into.

However, the Ridgid Propack Sweeper is total crap. I regret the day I bought this sweeper. I lost one customer and embarrassed myself numerous times with the same problem you are having.

See my post for help here.http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...&highlight=vac

The last incident of blowing water out the exhaust was when I was at a customers home replacing two toilets. I shut the water off, flush the toilet that had two blue tablets in the back. Since I was going to be carrying this toilet of of the house I always suck the water out of the trap and tank. Well, I carefully suck the water out, making sure not to suck the tablet up. I turn around to shut the vac off only to find a blue mist everywhere in his white bathroom. Customer walks in and freaks out. I am frantically trying to get this blue dye off the curtain, floor, countertop, tub, walls.

I get it cleaned up and move on the the second toilet that has two blue tablets in the back. This time I get my sponge, and sponge out the bowl of the toilet by hand. Customer walks in again and is shocked at my method of sticking my hand in his toilet bowl with a sponge repeatedly wringing it out. This all happened on a Friday evening.

I tried everything with this sweeper to get it to work. Filter on, Filter off, Foam sleeve on, cleaned the shut off cage/puck assembly. Forget it.

One week ago the Rigid ProPack met its untimely death with my 3# sledge hammer after I beat it mercilessly into pieces after the two toilet incident. It felt good and I hope there is a special place in hell for that sweeper.

Here is my new sweeper. Wap/Alto Basic 8. I really like it.
            Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Tyman,

You can also see a wife freak out when those blue pills end up in the laundry!

Rick does his own now
              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

I am having the same problem with a Ridgid Wet Dry, it blows water out the rear, and when I use a filter, to suck up dust, it blows that out also.

I am confused and now it sits in the corner.

http://www.toolup.com/imdir/product/...arge/96877.jpg
                Last edited by westcoastplumber; 05-16-2008, 09:12 PM.
                sigpic

Robert

Comment

Ya, I am still hot about it. Totally unacceptable.

I'm not even going to ask how a blue tablet got in the laundry.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                    Tyman,

You can also see a wife freak out when those blue pills end up in the laundry!

Rick does his own now
                    Waaaaaaaaaaaay too much info Joey.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
                      Ya, I am still hot about it. Totally unacceptable.

I'm not even going to ask how a blue tablet got in the laundry.
                      He put things in his shirt pocket and doesn't check pockets before he throws clothes in the laundry.

He checks his pockets now. Besides having a load full of blue clothes, I keep all money I find
                      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Thise blue pills can be expensive I hear what a waste to have the washing machine enjoy them.
                        sigpic

Robert

Comment

Last edited by Tyman; 05-16-2008, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Surprised no one has stated the obvious; shoulda bought the Dewalt 18v vacuum.
                            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

guys, don't get too excited about the blue pill

it's not what you guys all seem to want

it's a fluidmaster dye pill used to test for leaks in the tank/ flapper

that little dye pill is very potent. a drop on the hand will last for days.

now that other blue pill is used if your not very potent.

of course i wouldn't know

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X