X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A warm n' fuzzy thread

When I get busy, I really get busy...and last month was certainly that...busy.
    I have periods where I can't get here as much as usual, 12 or 14 hour days tend to knock the oomph out of my social drive...reduces me to somewhat the equivalence to the guy in Slingblade...a mumbling idiot, as opposed to the usual talkative idiot.

Just thought I'd toss a thankyou to you guys...

Josh, for being so level headed and fair in the way you run this forum, I have yet to see the slightest power-trip from you, which tells me alot about the person you are...Ridgid picks 'em good.

Robert, Adam, Greg you three are always there when I wanna groan about the job...you have often helped take the edge off self employment by letting me know I'm not the only one with the same troubles.

Ben, Aaron you two have ten times my enthusiasm for code and trade pride (Ben is awsome to talk code with)...puts things back in perspective when I get negative and wanna whine about my job.

Rick, Mark, Plumberscrack, NHMaster, Herk, Hondahead...you guys each know your stuff in your specific area...I confess to searching through Ricks threads for info on outdated Kohler parts or toilet hints, Mark's hints on running a business or avoiding big mistakes, Honda's outstanding knowledge of boilers, gas and heat.

Joey, for your conscientiousness & compassion...you know what I mean.
    Zeljka for being the crazed wife of a plumber I've come to know...I guess my wife's not alone

Dog, for your straight honesty...you'll have no part in agreeing for the sake of fitting in, you stand firm in what you beleive to be right, I respect that. Be well and stay in touch with us.

There are numerous other members I thank as well...but this post is rediculously long and mushy, so Thank you all for making this such a great forum for a plumber like me.

OK, enough mushy, huggy crap...
    Now...time to look through the threads and see if there's someone I can pick a fight with....

Re: A warm n' fuzzy thread

Oh Cool !

I just joined not to long ago and also started being active so I will say Hello and you're right , This place is a nice place !

I do love the nice and cool atmosphere.

Personally I have only talked to a few but the ones I have are all great!

PS . There is nothing wrong with warm and fuzzy
    Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
    New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

What is going on in the East Coast. First Garager and now you

You guys are gonna make me cry

This is a pretty amazing forum with an incredible bunch of people.

I was worried last year when Rick wanted to meet up with a bunch of guys from here (my mom warned me about meeting strange guys I met on the internet).

It truly is heartwarming to see so many people prideful in their work.

Duck, Becky is lucky to have you in her life

It is unfortunate you won't be able to make it to the roundup-we will have to work out a trip to meet you guys
      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Man do you East Coast guys need a good shot of testosterone or what?

Just kdding Duck and you know we feel the same way about you.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Thanks to you to duckmaster. Appreciate the friendship there bud
          sigpic

Robert

Comment

I too, always make a point to read through Rick's threads, especially on drain cleaning. The posted video "lord of the ring" is a classic and I stole it and show it to the class to show them just what can be done with good equipment and a skilled operator.
            sigpic

Comment

I noticed you haven't been around much lately Ducky and I was starting to worry. Now I see you must be on the same medication as Garager. This group is starting to get a little too touchy-feely for me

No one appreciates your intolerance of some latest plumbing trends more than myself. Keep up the fight

I thought you were on the list to go to the Roundup? Now I'll never get to meet up with you. I have a feeling that after this Roundup, Ridgid will cancel all future sponsored events with Forum members.

Comment

Crack, do you have some crazy plans to pull off during the roundup that would make this so I think there is potential for more roundups.

Josh

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                I thought you were on the list to go to the Roundup? Now I'll never get to meet up with you. I have a feeling that after this Roundup, Ridgid will cancel all future sponsored events with Forum members.

Comment

I noticed you haven't been around much lately Ducky and I was starting to worry. Now I see you must be on the same medication as Garager. This group is starting to get a little too touchy-feely for me

No one appreciates your intolerance of some latest plumbing trends more than myself. Keep up the fight

I had to bail on the roundup, hard decision to make, but there's no way around it...not this year.
                  We'll have to do another east coast thing, maybe this summer, it's a 6-7 hr ride for me and that I could do...just couldn't be away from home for more than a day right now.
                  As for Ridgids future get-togethers...I betcha yer wrong. (I'm sure we both hope so)
                  I'm sure you've noticed the growth on this forum, traffic and posts seem to have increased drastically over the last year.
                  I belong to other forums, but none compare to the mixture of depth of knowledge and comradery here...specifically for plumbers.
                  I speak with some members on other forums, but nowhere near as many as here...I've spoken to a majority of the regulars in person here, that also says something about this forum.
                  This place is the real deal, real plumbers exchanging real idea's (and bickering alot too, gotta have the bickering)

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                    Crack, do you have some crazy plans to pull off during the roundup that would make this so I think there is potential for more roundups.

Josh
                    LOL no Josh you don't have to worry about me, but keep your eye on Aaron and Hawk. They look like they are scheming something up I'll be on my best behavior . Besides, Anita will be with me. I'm not allowed to embarrass myself in front of her.

I hope we all can make an annual pilgrimage to Ridgidworld

Comment

LOL no Josh you don't have to worry about me, but keep your eye on Aaron and Hawk. They look like they are scheming something up I'll be on my best behavior . Besides, Anita will be with me. I'm not allowed to embarrass myself in front of her.

so i guess eating my cherry is out this time

it's the milk shake guys not what you think.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                        I too, always make a point to read through Rick's threads, especially on drain cleaning. The posted video "lord of the ring" is a classic and I stole it and show it to the class to show them just what can be done with good equipment and a skilled operator.

Where are his royalties? You are cheating me out of my 50%

Thank goodness! I was starting to get creeped out by you and my hubby's cherry
                        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post

Josh
                          i'm more worried about what might happen at the swings and things.

could be a grudge match.

i think "my buddy steve" owes you one

and you owe me one

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                            What is going on in the East Coast. First Garager and now you

You guys are gonna make me cry

This is a pretty amazing forum with an incredible bunch of people.

I was worried last year when Rick wanted to meet up with a bunch of guys from here (my mom warned me about meeting strange guys I met on the internet).

It truly is heartwarming to see so many people prideful in their work.

Duck, Becky is lucky to have you in her life

It is unfortunate you won't be able to make it to the roundup-we will have to work out a trip to meet you guys
                            I think it has something to do with summer finally arriving. One day you walk out the door and notice you didn't slip on any ice, you see a flower starting to bloom and, you hear the birds chirping. Then it hits you like a ton of bricks, SUMMER IS HERE. It's almost like a re birthing.
                            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Perhaps Joey should spend some time with Anita.

Mark
                              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                              X