Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it old fashioned to ask a customer on the weekend...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is it old fashioned to ask a customer on the weekend...

i say if you call on a sunday for a price on doing some work you should give them the sunday rate but if the call back on monday they get that price
    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Unless your pockets are stuffed with $$$ ,When your in business for yourself how can you not answer your phone? They are either calling for an emergency call, which I will always go to, or they are price shopping. Unless it's a complicated job where you have to scope it out first, the phone call should'nt last more than a few minutes. I still have days when the phone rigger must be broken so I know I have time for a potential moneymaker. That's what makes good customer service, they can reach you anytime.

A few years ago, New Years eve, I had a call for a clogged sink, I said sure I can do it now. The call was form the largest property manager in town, She called everyone in the book and no one would respond, I had a small ad and was called last, from then on I was their main man $$$.

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
        America needs to keep its family values no matter what the cost,

God Bless America

/rant
        This is so true! I have worked with a few plumbers where work is their life. Well, all of them are divorced now. I know one of them spent $20k on a divorce lawyer. I'm glad I learned at an early age that you only get one life and you should balance family, friends and work.

If I didn't have an awesome girlfriend or have other hobbies, then I would probably be taking every call I could get, no matter what time it was, since I wouldn't have a life outside of work. But, that isn't who I am and I will not take a call outside of business hours (unless I'm very bored and have my phone on).

I'm not saying those that are opposite of me need help LOL! As long as you have a desire and drive in life, whether it's to be a great husband or a great plumber, drain cleaner, electrician, etc., that's all that matters. If you can truly balance both, that's great! If you work for a company and aren't on call, I would say its A LOT easier than if you have your own company and are running things by yourself.

Just my .02
        YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

Just for clarification here

Service guy Your website says that you service weater heaters? You might want to check that out.

and - Plumbingskool I tried to do one of your crossword puzzles and it said that water hammer is caused by hot and cold water coming together? That's bad info bro. And MAPP gas has two P's.
          ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnman1100 View Post

Service guy Your website says that you service weater heaters? You might want to check that out.
            Thanks, I'll get that fixed. In the meantime, call me if you need your weaters heated!
            Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by mtnman1100 View Post

and - Plumbingskool I tried to do one of your crossword puzzles and it said that water hammer is caused by hot and cold water coming together? That's bad info bro. And MAPP gas has two P's.
              Buddy, you gotta be kidding...you haven't gotten your weater heater certification yet?
              Weater heaters are the newest thing in high efficiency plumbing fixtures...you bettah get with the times pal.

Comment

Originally posted by 1HandyHandyman View Post
                Unless your pockets are stuffed with $$$ ,When your in business for yourself how can you not answer your phone? They are either calling for an emergency call, which I will always go to, or they are price shopping. Unless it's a complicated job where you have to scope it out first, the phone call should'nt last more than a few minutes. I still have days when the phone rigger must be broken so I know I have time for a potential moneymaker. That's what makes good customer service, they can reach you anytime.
                pretty much so. i will answer my phone from when i wake up in the morning until around 7PM when we have dinner. i will not answer ANY phone during dinner. that is why the gods invented answering machines/voice mails.

steve
                In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

My company has actually become quite fond of working on the weekends and in the evenings..........We are a small family owned and operated company. We service the northern Va and washington DC metro areas so i LOVE to work weekends due to the lack of traffic (unlike weekdays). I can make more money on the weekends than Mon-Fri. combined.! Most people in our service area prefer the weekend/evening calls as to not have to miss work....I have found that our business has expanded due to our irregular hours. I personally feel that telling a customer to: "call back on Monday", will cause your company to lose business to companies whom do work on weekends...........???

Comment

Originally posted by turdjerker View Post
                    My company has actually become quite fond of working on the weekends and in the evenings..........We are a small family owned and operated company. We service the northern Va and washington DC metro areas so i LOVE to work weekends due to the lack of traffic (unlike weekdays). I can make more money on the weekends than Mon-Fri. combined.! Most people in our service area prefer the weekend/evening calls as to not have to miss work....I have found that our business has expanded due to our irregular hours. I personally feel that telling a customer to: "call back on Monday", will cause your company to lose business to companies whom do work on weekends...........???
                    Very good point!
                    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by turdjerker View Post
                      My wife and I picked our last two obstetricians because they had evening hours.

Comment

I just got off another 7 day week, gotta do weekends. Sadly, it has become the normal, kinda like free estimates. out here, very few people charge overtime.

I love late night, and weekend work, better to get around los angeles. Family time is hit hard, but the wife understands, the kids will also, because it pays the bills and helps build a strong company reputation

there is nothing more important then being there for your customer when they need you most!!
                        sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                          I just got off another 7 day week, gotta do weekends. Sadly, it has become the normal, kinda like free estimates. out here, very few people charge overtime.

I love late night, and weekend work, better to get around los angeles. Family time is hit hard, but the wife understands, the kids will also, because it pays the bills and helps build a strong company reputation

there is nothing more important then being there for your customer when they need you most!!
                          Anyone got any crackers to go with this cheaseball.

Comment

I'm brushing away a tear as the orchestra music swells in the background....

Camera pulls back as he walks out into the dying light of the day.....

Fade out.
                            I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                              Anyone got any crackers to go with this cheaseball.

WTF? you spelled cheeseball wrong
                              sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by tinmack View Post
                                I'm brushing away a tear as the orchestra music swells in the background....

Camera pulls back as he walks out into the dying light of the day.....

Fade out.

I am sure others feel the same as I do! its all about good business.

work now, play later when your to old to work
                                sigpic

Robert

Comment

Working...
                                X