SoVent...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SoVent...

I think I brought this up last time, snaking or cleaning the line through that fitting looks like it would be entertaining.

I see where it could be very handy though.
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

Duckbutter
      No gloat here. I rememberer reading about Sovents, but couldn't remember what state it pertained to. so I looked it up in my most recent Mass code book.
      You are spot on on this.
      "Special-Permission must be sought and granted by the Board pursuant to 248 CMR 3.04 before installation of such system."
      That change means the board no longer approves of Sovents for general use. With a six month + wait for approval, few if any will be installed.
      Forgive me, I'm still waiting for the code updates I paid the commonwealth for 20+ years ago
      Mike
      Last edited by myakka; 05-20-2008, 04:58 AM. Reason: ?

Comment

I've always thought that they should change the name to the Massachusetts State Plumbing Circus. It would help make sense of the entity.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by myakka View Post
          Duckbutter
          No gloat here. I rememberer reading about Sovents, but couldn't remember what state it pertained to. so I looked it up in my most recent Mass code book.
          You are spot on on this.
          "Special-Permission must be sought and granted by the Board pursuant to 248 CMR 3.04 before installation of such system."
          That change means the board no longer approves of Sovents for general use. With a six month + wait for approval, few if any will be installed.
          Forgive me, I'm still waiting for the code updates I paid the commonwealth for 20+ years ago
          Mike
          I'm beginning to suspect your a MA escapee, one of those Fla license plates I sometimes see on 128 in the summertime, if so...please do me a favor...go faster than 50 if your in the left lane! (just kidding, couldn't resist playing into the steriotype)
          Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
          I've always thought that they should change the name to the Massachusetts State Plumbing Circus. It would help make sense of the entity.
          Well...we could just switch to IPC...the International Plumbing Circus...or UPC...Uppity Plumbing Code (courtesy of PC there)

Comment

No, sorry, it's the Idiot's Plumbing Circus
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
              UPC...Uppity Plumbing Code (courtesy of PC there)
              It's not that were uppity it's that we've worked very hard to achieve perfection.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                It's not that were uppity it's that we've worked very hard to achieve perfection.

Mark
                Yeah, thats what plumbers here say when out of state guys grumble about our code.
                I seriously wish we could all just get on the same page.
                Would be awsome to be able to cross state lines to work, or be able to chat code with you guys and be on the same page.
                There are differences in code that are justified, such as climate conditions, water conditions, Earthquake conditions & smog (lo-nox) for you guys...but overall it seems like some of the things that differ really shouldn't.

Comment

Yeah, thats what plumbers here say when out of state guys grumble about our code.
                  I seriously wish we could all just get on the same page.
                  Would be awsome to be able to cross state lines to work, or be able to chat code with you guys and be on the same page.
                  There are differences in code that are justified, such as climate conditions, water conditions, Earthquake conditions & smog (lo-nox) for you guys...but overall it seems like some of the things that differ really shouldn't.
                  Geez Duck don't get all Rodney King on us.

Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                    Geez Duck don't get all Rodney King on us.

Mark
                    Nah, it's all good...just venting my frustration (how unusual for me) over so many conversations here that I can't relate to.

Comment

I'm beginning to suspect your a MA escapee, one of those Fla license plates I sometimes see on 128 in the summertime, if so...please do me a favor...go faster than 50 if your in the left lane! (just kidding, couldn't resist playing into the steriotype)
                      Duckbutter
                      Wow,I'm a lot younger than you think I am.
                      We have a saying down here about those same people.
                      "If its called "snowbird season", why cant we shoot them!"
                      Mike

Comment

Working...
                      X