X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cell Hell (phone, that is)

i have nextel and use the 2 way with other co's plus adam when he figures out how to 2 way

my plan is 1500 cell minutes and the total bill with taxes is $64. a month. unlimited 2 way and weekends all nation.

the service has gotten better over the years.

rick.

also please note that calif. will require wireless/ bluetooth july 1st 2008.

commercial vehicles with the 2 way are exempt from what i've read. the speaker phone is the trick.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      commercial vehicles with the 2 way are exempt from what i've read. the speaker phone is the trick.

rick.
      It is actually commercial vehicles AND phones with 2-way beep beep.

I don't think anyone should be exempt, especially people in big trucks who can cause more damage.
      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Rick, good deal with the nextel. I use them for the walkie talkie function, invaluable on a large job when you need quick comms. I have the 1000 minute plan and pay more than $64 total. Must be an older plan. I've gone over for the past three months and have been paying dearly for my gabbing.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
          It is actually commercial vehicles AND phones with 2-way beep beep.

I don't think anyone should be exempt, especially people in big trucks who can cause more damage.
          I would be careful here Joey as it is only limited commercial vehicles. If Rick's truck is not classified as a "Motor Truck" it does not qualify

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            I would be careful here Joey as it is only limited commercial vehicles. If Rick's truck is not classified as a "Motor Truck" it does not qualify

Mark
            Rick's is. Is yours? We have a connection at Highway Patrol to help you with that

I've been in the truck with Rick more times than I can count and believe me he of all people should be using an ear piece.
            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post

Mark
              mark, i have the cf# and mcp65 permit.

don't you know anyone in the chp

you should have one too over 10,000#

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                mark, i have the cf# and mcp65 permit.

don't you know anyone in the chp

you should have one too over 10,000#

rick.
                I don't play those games anymore. My 1-ton van is registered at under 9,600 lbs. When I read the definition of a "motor truck" I get :

410. A "motor truck" or "motortruck" is a motor vehicle designed,
                used, or maintained primarily for the transportation of property.

It's too late to give my "in" at the CHP a call tonight but I will on my way to Winchester tomorrow. It looks like my site is about 20-miles past the indoor skydiving place.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                  1200 minutes/month I think, I never use them all. Verizon wireless, I have the indestructible military-spec G'zone phone that can be dropped off a building or in a toilet and still work!!!
                  Use a hands-free ear-piece when driving!!!
                  I use the G'zone phone also. Water proof down to 10 feet. I've used it in the bathtub to take pictures. Great reception without many dead spots even in the subway.

Comment

Most local contractors here are Nextel. That way we can piss each other off at will. Blue tooth for me is almost a necessity. It alows me to keep working while having a completely pointless conversation.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                      I use the G'zone phone also. Water proof down to 10 feet. I've used it in the bathtub to take pictures. Great reception without many dead spots even in the subway.
                      That's just a little disturbing. What are you taking pics of while you're in the tub? PLEASE DON'T POST THEM!!!
                      "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
                        That's just a little disturbing. What are you taking pics of while you're in the tub? PLEASE DON'T POST THEM!!!
                        A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Every shop I worked for had Nextel...for the push to talk feature like a walkie talkie.
                          The reason I don't have Nextel is that there are so many dead spots with Nextel I'd have to bring my regular cell along with me to communicate with the boss or talk to the wife.

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
                            What, like you have never made shampoo horns and wanted to capture the moment

Comment

Cell Hell is right! I just want to do the job, not be asked questions that could wait until later or in the morning. I miss the pager days.
                              Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Nextel for me, the $99/month unlimited plan, with a $10 telenav and a $10 data pack. Pretty happy with the service, my wife wants an I phone though, so may be switching to cingular after the contract expires in Feb

Gregb

Comment

Working...
                                X