What is your footwear choice?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is your footwear choice?

Bacteria Traps! You don't have one of those little carpets around your toilet do you?

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      RedWing Model 953 with RedWing inserts.

One of the few made in America.

Smooth sole. No tread. Keeps the "Carolina Mud-Moon Boots" off of me and out of customers' houses.

For me, the only ones I've worn all day that are as comfortable as tennis shoes. Worn Rocky, Hermans, Texas Steer, Wolverines, etc.

J.C.
      I'll have to look into those. Thanks
      YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

I wear Irish Setter which is made by Red Wing. They are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. Besides that the are waterproof, non marking sole and not that aggressive of a sole.

Tuff enough to dig a hole and nice enough to go big pimp'in.

Here is a link.
        http://www.irishsetterboots.com/shoe...cfm?style=1859
        Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          Bacteria Traps! You don't have one of those little carpets around your toilet do you?

J.C.
          Just got laminate flooring couple months ago..But NO..I hate those fluffs

I wore them when I was 5?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
            Depending on the situation it is also against OSHA. I had a carpenter that came to the job everyday (when we redid our childcare center) and took off his shoes. He would then lean pieces of wood against his foot as he cut with power tools
            He didn't want to take a chance on ruining his boots, eh....
            Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
              He didn't want to take a chance on ruining his boots, eh....
              We had a strange crew on this job. I get in early. I was the only one at work and the electrician asked if he could get started early.

I let him in and went in my office. All of a sudden I heard water running and thought he did something to spring a leak.

The bathroom door was wide open so I went to the door to find the electrician peeing! I said "oh it is so little and cute"

He never left the door open again.
              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Belleville 330ST boots for work. Same boots that the troops get when going to the desert. Made in America, super comfortable and only $79.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Cat steel toes and white slip on foot covers on rugs etc. When I get home I often fall asleep in them by the TV.
                  Seattle Drain Service

Comment

And some of the best in the industry. www.spearshoes.com

J.C.

Comment

Red Wings in the winter. Doc Martins in the summer. Top Siders on the beach.
                      sigpic

Comment

The new Red Wing with the clear sole.... ( They are great!)

Disposable covers indoors...

Comment

I do cheap Stanley work boots, I used to buy the Timberlands, but became tired of the $200 price for the same lasting shoe, so I go cheap.

they get covered with black shubee's upon entering the customers house

When I come home, I wear Dockers house slippers
                          sigpic

Robert

Comment

i know alot of guys in our area (including myself) that wear the "wellington cowboy style work boots" You can get them from ROCKY, WOLVERINE, and REDWINGS just to name a few...........These are great for several reasons, they are easy to slip on and off (for taking off at the door, and putting back on to go to your truck) and they also have little or no tread which collects mud, dirt, debris, to track into homes........You can get them insulated or non insulated and with steel toes if preffered.........Your uniform pants (dickies) will cover most of the boot and it just looks like a regular work boot.

Comment

Seven pairs of Dickies "Trader".All ages,new leather smell to old and holy,to 6mo's to 5years old.Everything from concrete to church and everthing in between.Perfect aerodynamics in the parachuting tunnel...Excellent hold on the fairway

Oh yeah,good for the jobsite.No sliding off a 6and12 OSB freshly sheeted roof.

Comment

I keep several pair on the truck. Crocs when I'm working on the irrigation systems (they can be slippery on hard, wet, surfaces), Black, lace up, Dr Scholl's "business" shoe with my own arch supports for inside work (w/black pleated Dickie pants and of course "comfort waist".) Muck boots outside when temps are cooler and I'm walking in wet grass or mud (sprinkler turn-ons or shut downs). Bates light weight tactical boots when I'll be doing a lot of digging.

And not to step on anyone's toes, but taking off your shoes to go in someone's home is slightly unprofessional, imnsho. It's always shoe covers for me.
                                "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X