What is your footwear choice?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is your footwear choice?

No Sh*t, I was shopping for work shoes today and actually wondering what members of this forum wore. Came home, logged into the forum and BAM here's the answer to my question. SPOOKY. Wear mostly running shoes for comfort and usally carry boots in the van in case a shovel needs to be operated. I did find some sperry topsiders I liked if I have to work on a Yacht someday.

Comment

Redwings and foot booties......can't be taking off size 17 boots every time I walk out to the truck.
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I wear Rubber gum boots I like to leave an impression on my clients carpets so they don`t forget me.

Tony

Comment

i keep a pair od Stanley boots in the van for the nasties and wear el cheapo sneakers from K-Mart. don't have booties as most floors are tile here. but i'd rather be barefoot than have booties on as tile is very slippery.

at home i'm barefooted and wear Reefs when going out.

since i started SewerSnake my feet have become very girlie. i used to be able to walk all over the place barefooted with no issue. for 6+ years i never wore shoes to work.

steve
          In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
            Rick wears slip-on Merill's.
            these are my everyday indoor service shoes. they slip on and off in a second

when i'm digging, crawling or jetting all day, the water proof timberlands come on.

and if i am in the nasty i break out the sorrels.

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
            Seven pairs of Dickies "Trader".All ages,new leather smell to old and holy,to 6mo's to 5years old.Everything from concrete to church and everthing in between.Perfect aerodynamics in the parachuting tunnel...Excellent hold on the fairway

adam, the boots were the way we identified you in the wind tunnel. must have been steel toes as they never made it off the ground

adam was very impressive on the 9 hole. even hit the flag on his drive.

with the course we played, i could have been wearing my baseball cleats and that would have been a course improvement.

Oh yeah,good for the jobsite.No sliding off a 6and12 OSB freshly sheeted roof.
            adam, bring the fancy boots to the roundup

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Walmart $29.00 Boots

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=4840910

I wear them till the soles fall off, and then onto another pair

When I am not working , I wear these ( j / k )

Comment

I finally decided today and bought some new service-work shoes. Slip-on black merrells with a tough but soft rubber sole and minimal tread grooves to prevent mud-caking. Very comfy and pefect for in-home service work (with my BLUE RELIANCE PLUMBING booties of course!).

Durable, flexible, comfy, good for kneeling, crawling and yet gentle on the feet and on my client's floors.
                Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Red wings by far have been the best boots I've owned. Now that I do service I've had to go with slip on shoes. The merrils didn't hold up well for me, now I'm using a cheap pair of department store shoes that are working good. In snow and water its any good quality knee high warm rubber boot.

I notice a lot of you guys wear shoe covers -booties- That seems like the best way to go but not being able to stand straight up and slip them on like I can do with slip on shoes kills my back. Has anybody else put there back out putting there shoes on?

One more thing. Those inserts they advertise on that infomercial have worked great for me. I've used them for at least 4 years now. Tuff to get used to but they have helped my knee out.
                  Last edited by saysflushable; 05-24-2008, 06:54 AM. Reason: made no sence

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                    I notice a lot of you guys wear shoe covers -booties- That seems like the best way to go but not being able to stand straight up and slip them on like I can do with slip on shoes kills my back. Has anybody else put there back out putting there shoes on?
                    I've never thrown my back out putting on booties but I have fallen over

You know what the customer must be thinking " great! it's 10:30 and the plumber has already been drinking"

This might help with your back issue: http://www.stepngofootprotection.com/

Comment

Four inch spike heals when I'm feelin a little dirty
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                        Four inch spike heals when I'm feelin a little dirty

Comment

For service work, have a pair of Adidas tennis shoes that feel great all day. I switch them out with a pair of Brahma low top work shoes from WalMart if the tennis shoes get dirty. The Brahmas cake up really fast even if you only look at the mud. I keep a pair of Herman Survivors at the shop for construction sites and rainy muddy days. If we are digging up a water service in someones yard I have some rubber sloggers too. Around the house I wear Adidas' as well. I have black dress shoes for church and I have a few Birkenstocks for nice days in the park with the lady... I probably have more shoes than she does.

Comment

Redwings all the way!

I wear these:

http://www.redwingshoe.com/productde...px?prodid=1754

Plus booties if the customer oks it. If not I am anal about having clean white socks on. I put Gold Bond medicated powder in each boot first thing in the morning so they stay fresh and dry all day.

You gotta try it!!!
                            www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

I really like Red Wing myself. If someone wants a work shoe that looks nice, please see their style 107. I like mine and also my (more than just one) 8" boots. The Irish Setter boots sold at Red Wing stores are very comfy but I really don't quite think of them as true work boots. Maybe I need to buy a pair that I like and try the old abuse test on them.

I really think this is a "To Each Your Own" thing. What works for someone may or may not for another. Let your feet tell you want they like at the end of a hard day. When in a good shoe-boot store try on many and if one just feels much better walking around the store than the rest, that's the pair to get as long as they feel really good. If they don't pass over them and keep on looking for just the right pair.

Be sure they have any required safety features that you need. If in doubt check them carefully.

By the way Gold Bond foot powder is a real must every day for me. It feels soooo nice and smells good too. Every day for me or my feet get very upset with me.
                              Last edited by Woussko; 05-25-2008, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Timberland PRo series.

The models that are water proof, steel toed, have an electrical rating to 750 volts, have Thinsulate Insulation and a steel shank.

We require all our guys to have these boots.

Pricey on average $120.00 - $150.00, but they last forever. You can easily have a pair of these boots last four to five years. Comfy boot once you break them in.

We actually worked a deal out years ago with a local Sears, and got everyone a nice discount which brought them to around $95.00. Everyone picked up several pairs. I got two pairs of black and two pairs of brown.

Funny how they wear. My first heavy use pair was black pair. I had no problem keeping them military polished for the five or so years I had them, very little construction damage to the black upper leather. The sole finally wore out on them. I broke open one of the brown pairs and used it for going to contruction meetings etc... even used them hiking. When I retired the black ones, I used the brown extensively for contruction. The sole on brown ones is a different composition then the blacks. The brown sole is like a tank tread very little wear in the last three years, however the top toe leather has started wearing through at the Steel tip.

Comment

Working...
                                X