X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sump Pump Prices?

I am new to this site and anxious to post my first THREAD......Due to recent "above avg" rainfall in my area, we have installed more than our share of sump pumps. My family owned company is based out of Alexandria, Va-----we service the entire Northern Va and Washington DC metro areas...

We charge $500.00 for a basic sump pump replacement. This price includes labor and a new Zeoller 1/2hp pump, I was just curious as to what other companies across the country get for this job? Thanks, I look forward to hearing from you guys.

Re: Sump Pump Prices?

Hey, good to see another East Coast Plumber on here. I'm from Anne Arundel County, Maryland.

Last week, we too had our fair share of sum pump replacement calls.
    Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Welcome to the Jungle. You're right in the ballpark price wise. We get about that. sometimes a bit more. Sometimes a bit less. All depends on the aggrivation factor and If I have to put on the waders.
      sigpic

Comment

I replace with a 1/3 hp. Cheaper of course.

Comment

At 1/2 hp it sounds like you're installing the 267...which is around 300 just for the pump..unless you meant 1/3 hp.
          I've been getting more than my share of them lately too...makes me wonder if it isn't something to do with global warming.

Comment

1/2 hp seems a bit much. I know you have to calculate incoming, friction loss, etc. but it would take a good size pit to prevent short cycling. Right?

J.C.

Comment

Exactly.
              Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

sorry guys, i did in fact mean a 1/3 HP........(typing error)

Comment

Working...
                X