Health Insurance....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Health Insurance....

DB, it's not cancer that I'd be worried about. This is no urban legend. Here in Memphis, about two years ago, a young plumber stepped on a nail and poured pvc cleaner on the wound. He was dead in three days.
    The talk in the supply houses was about blood poisoning. I am obviously not intimately acquainted with the facts but, I did see the man's obit. I called some people today that know the owner of the shop where it happened to confirm the story. They said that's how they heard it. I intend to call the owner of shop as soon as I get the name to confirm the circumstances.
    Maybe it wasn't the cleaner but hell, don't take chances. You said you won't drink it. Don't pour it into an open wound either.
    "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
      DB, it's not cancer that I'd be worried about. This is no urban legend. Here in Memphis, about two years ago, a young plumber stepped on a nail and poured pvc cleaner on the wound. He was dead in three days.
      The talk in the supply houses was about blood poisoning. I am obviously not intimately acquainted with the facts but, I did see the man's obit. I called some people today that know the owner of the shop where it happened to confirm the story. They said that's how they heard it. I intend to call the owner of shop as soon as I get the name to confirm the circumstances.
      Maybe it wasn't the cleaner but hell, don't take chances. You said you won't drink it. Don't pour it into an open wound either.
      I'd really be interested in hearing what the shop tells you.
      I thought blood poising was when a staff infection gets into your bloodstream.
      If memory serves, the signs of blood poisoning are red lines running up the limb the cut or injury is on.
      First thing I do on any big cut is pour alcohol on it.
      Fyi, hydrogen peroxide is bad news for cuts, it sterilizes, but it also kills tissue around it as well.

Comment

You can get blood poisoning from several places. It is bacteria in the bloodstream.

It is all about using common sense.
        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

I am a licensed life and health agent. I did this so I could better understand the Medicare system in our country. I have a very sick grandfather who needed some creative help with insurance needs. I started looking into various options and before i knew it i was sitting for the state exam.

It has come in handy as i have written my own Blue Cross Policy and i get paid commissions for it. I also have written policies for several of my friends and family.

$500 every 2 months for me, the wife and our 2 year old son. The commissions from others pays for mine.
          www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

I read up on Blood poisoning, known as "sepsis"..it's bacterial, can also be fungal.
            It's usually caused by a local infection when someone already has a weakened immune system.
            Also, read up on acetone, it's sometimes used as a sterilizing agent, it's not as good as alcohol, but I'm betting the nail is what gave the guy sepsis, his not going to the hospital when it started looking bad is what killed him.
            Thats my guess.

Comment

Working...
            X