X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously thinking of a Propress!!

Never have used one have some questions.
    1 How about Fitting leaks?
    2 How about fit up to old pipe?
    3 Nobody around me has one so I can not ask them.
    4 Do the fittings 90s stand up to water hammer with out coming loose. Like a 2" drop pipe at a fire house that is use to fill truck booster tanks, full fort ball valve and it is shut on and off by people who dont care. Slammed open and slammed closed.
    5 Will it work on wet fittings?
    6 Can it be used for a repair like building shut down where you still have water in the system. Instead of jetsweating a ball valve in. Say a 90 an 2 couplings?

Thanx in advance.
    WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE,
    ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Re: Seriously thinking of a Propress!!

Originally posted by Chauncey View Post
    Never have used one have some questions.
    1 How about Fitting leaks?

never had 1 leak. only 1 time did i have to re-crimp a fitting.
    2 How about fit up to old pipe?

i've done underground repair to old copper non shiny pipe without any issues. even soft copper to 1.25''
    3 Nobody around me has one so I can not ask them.

i'm one of just a few plumbers/ contractors at 3 of my supply houses that purchase the fittings. does any supply house sell the fittings? ask them for a contact of users.
    4 Do the fittings 90s stand up to water hammer with out coming loose. Like a 2" drop pipe at a fire house that is use to fill truck booster tanks, full fort ball valve and it is shut on and off by people who dont care. Slammed open and slammed closed.

this is not good practice for any type of connection. i would think with proper strapping/ bracing there will not be an issue. but remember anyone that slams a full port 2'' valve open or close is asking for issues somewhere in the system.
    5 Will it work on wet fittings?

yes this is the beauty of propress.
    6 Can it be used for a repair like building shut down where you still have water in the system. Instead of jetsweating a ball valve in. Say a 90 an 2 couplings?

how fast can you count to 5 that's how long it takes to press a joint. by the time you read this line, i would be finished

Thanx in advance.
    propress has been in the usa for 8 years now. and in europe for 20 years.

compare the quality, sweep and thickness of a propress 90 to a regular sweat 90.

there is no comparison. of course you pay for this quality, but you save in the labor of assembly.

robert/ westcoast plumbing just purchased one

rick.
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 05-21-2008, 10:59 AM.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Re: Seriously thinking of a Propress!!

I've crimped fittings onto what I call 'tin foil copper' before with no problems.
      Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Working...
      X