X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just so you know me

I have people that know me. Most people like me and two people in Clear Water Florida don't.

I am kind of wild and crazy and sometimes I drive with the window down.

Your turn.
    Last edited by Tyman; 05-24-2008, 11:42 AM.
    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Re: Just so you know me

I'm mean, I'm ugly, I'm standoffish. I push people around, no one likes me. I'm far from being cool, I lie all the time, when I want something, I'll just take it. If you give me a funny look, I'll punch ya in the nose. I'll never grow up, because I'm so damn selfish.

Ok, Now I'll tell the truth, I'm exactly opposite from the above and I'd give you my last dollar if you needed it more then me, even a stranger, but not to a drug addict. I don't have one enemy that I know of. I am a down to earth kind of person, and I'm a settled down kind of guy, no more wild and crazy stuff, except at work....
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

I am just a dude named Joe, who is likes to talk to much and by some of the comments here you can see that they agree, some would say I am a "post whore"

On the other side,

I am just a friendly guy that misses the "shop talk"

Born and raised in NY, and try to be productive as much as I can.
      Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
      New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

This is too funny.
        Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

I'm quiet and shy in public. I find that most people disappoint me. I have only a few friends. The ones I do have I've had since I was 10. I feel more pain than most. I've cried when I ran over an already dead squirrel. Spiders really freak me out but I love cats. I am my own worst enemy. I use humor to shadow my loneliness.

If you think any of the above isn't true....you don't know me

Comment

I guess this is what therapy is like

Comment

Up till my mid 20's I was obsessed with what others thought of me.
              I was somewhat shy and rediculously self-conscious.
              I can distinctely recall specific times where the lack of self confidence/self doubt hurt me, on the job, and socially.

finally at one point I went to the opposite extreme, went on a "mission" to defy that nature...hurt people, lost jobs, and defied relationships over my newfound "indifference".
              I had to go through this painful phase to gain perspective.

I can't say who I am now.
              I firmly beleive self description will always be biased. I'd either go off on an ego driven tangent about my "incredible" attributes, beat myself up with "my own worst enemy" point of view, or an inaccurate mixture of the two extremes.

I've come to learn that the best way to gauge myself is through others.
              I don't mean by simple social grace on a superficial level because I'm courteous for the sake of it, or by thinking what a wonderful guy I am if I go to church or put a few dollars into the can for the little league fund drive. (yes, those things are important, but not to be used as an excuse to discount bad behavior or indifference in other area's that may not be as convenient for me...imho)

The best guage I have is a friend of 25 years.

I used to agree with almost anything he'd say, I was always there to listen to him when he got his heart broken by a gal, or let him rant when he was fighting with his family.

After that phase I went through in my late 20's, I changed.

I started seeing he was going in circles, making the same mistakes over and over.
              After he wound up divorced, he was submerged in self pity...he was expecting the same old "shoulder to lean on", "sure buddy, it was her fault...you did nothing wrong...let's get drunk.".
              I did something different.
              I told him where he'd gone wrong, I told him I'd seen him make the same mistakes over and over through the years in all aspects of his life, and I was NOT doing him any favors by agreeing with him when he whined about how it was their fault, without considering his part.

We didn't speak for over a year.

He's since remarried..the gal is perfect for him, beautiful, college grad, classy and kind natured.
              He called me last year, told me it was over with her..after only 2 years of marriage.
              I saw it again, blasted him with the truth...he was making the same mistake all over again and I was NOT going to sit there and agree with him. period.
              They're still married, happily.

The old song goes "You gotta be cruel to be kind...", sometimes the superficial acts of social grace we so cherish may not be the best thing for all situations.
              Doesn't mean I'm gonna be a crass jerk for the sake thereof, but I certainly help no-one if I agree with them when I really don't.

My post is long, I prefer to blame PlumbersCrack because he was open and sincere, so I figured I'd follow his lead...in grandiose fashion.
              It's his fault.

Lastly, I'm often wrong..I "try" admit so when that happens.
              I see it as better to speak up and find out I'm wrong, than not speak up and find out I was right.

Comment

When the phone don't ring, you'll know it's me
                sigpic

Comment

I am Schizophrenic and so am I.

Mark
                  Last edited by ToUtahNow; 05-24-2008, 05:05 PM.
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Dec. 13th

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post

Mark
                      No you're not and stop saying that.

Mark
                      Last edited by ToUtahNow; 05-24-2008, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Mark

Mark
                        Yes I am.

Mark
                        Last edited by ToUtahNow; 05-24-2008, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Mark

Mark
                          Yes I am.

Mark
                          I believe it is really called MPD but either way there is no arguing allowed in the open forums. So guys please take your discussions to PMs.

Thanks-Mark
                          Last edited by ToUtahNow; 05-24-2008, 05:59 PM.

Comment

I am the kinda guy you can find in your crawlspace huffing PVC primer while singing popular songs to my own lyrics.

Comment

Originally posted by wrongler View Post
                              I am the kinda guy you can find in your crawlspace huffing PVC primer while singing popular songs to my own lyrics.
                              And I hate it when someone tries to correct me on the lyrics, they just don't get it. I do the same thing, but not under a house, maybe on top of one....
                              Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X