Inspections High Rise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inspections High Rise

Something for the forum readers to learn from.
    Went to get an inspection for the plumbing company owner's project.No P-sheets,specs or ISO's.
    5th floor surgery center with an MRI.So yeah,there going to send out a knowledgeable inspector DUH!!!

First thing he asked me to prove was how I figured that 1/2" was adequate for a mop sink faucet.Without a building ISO showing main,load,rise,pressure etc.I was at his mercy.This is a building that is owned by a freind of the other guy.

I got lucky on this one as the amount of damage was minimal.We always oversize our pipe.Toilet and lav,3/4 to toilet branch half to lav,you get the picture.

So without an engineer approved water chart to show the inspector so he can go and count fixtures on pipe "X".You to will find yourself without a pot to piss in

P.S. He was telling me they are going as low as 4fixture units on 3/4" under some conditions,Making it obvious how exposed I was.
    Last edited by drtyhands; 05-24-2008, 07:24 PM.

Re: Inspections High Rise

Did you ask the inspector how if he knew if 1/2" to the mop sink wasn't adequate?

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      Did you ask the inspector how if he knew if 1/2" to the mop sink wasn't adequate?

J.C.
      I would have loved to,with more joy than you could imagine
      It was 2:00 on a friday afternoon.The parking lot for the building was full.Building was up to it's max capacity as far as usage.I told him I could still show him sixty pounds.He said it didn't matter.So knowing after doing hundreds of inspections I knew there was going to be nowhere to go with this one.He was going to go by the book on this one with all his New Yorker vigor.I had my General there and just winked to him and shrugged my shoulders.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post

He was going to go by the book on this one with all his New Yorker vigor.

New Yorker vigor? Not sure if I should take offense to that or not, I've never heard that one before.

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
          New Yorker vigor? Not sure if I should take offense to that or not, I've never heard that one before.
          Your smilie tells it all

Comment

"P.S. He was telling me they are going as low as 4fixture units on 3/4" under some conditions,Making it obvious how exposed I was."

Since a mop sink demands 3.0 wsfu's (public) and you say you have 60psi, and Table 6-6 of the 2007 CPC (pressure range 46 to 60 psi) allows 3 wsfu's up to 200', what is the developed length from your water meter, and are there any other fixtures served by that 1/2" line?

Comment

Yes it WAS the only fixture on what used to be a 1/2" hot and cold supplies.
              They are within the 200' mark.

Comment

Looks good from my house!

Comment

" Ya know ,this is the wrong floor for inspection, You're due on one in emergency,BLAM
                  BROKEN NOSE
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                    " Ya know ,this is the wrong floor for inspection, You're due on one in emergency,BLAM
                    BROKEN NOSE

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                      BROKEN NOSE
                      HAHAHAHA, I'm sure that would have gone over well!!
                      Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Working...
                      X