Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: plumbers laundry

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
    Yeah, a wife doing the laundry!! Where I come up with these golden gems, I don't know.
    I'll put her on the phone next we chat...you do the talkin'...k?

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      I've found rubbing GOJO on grease before you wash removes it pretty well.

MegaLoc Blue comes out without problem in my experience.

PVC glue on clothes, just have to wear it.

I have a local place that I can get Oatey plumbers hand cleaner very cheap. That's what I use for hands. Works great.

J.C.
      I have used the Oatey plumbers hand cleaner it too. It worked very well but I did have to moisturize afterwords.
      Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Grease / Oil will come out if you pretreat with "SimpleGreen" It works great

I use GOJO Orange on my hands but like I said in another post I'm considering just soaking them in "Clobber" Nothing gets them clean...

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
          Grease / Oil will come out if you pretreat with "SimpleGreen" It works great

I use GOJO Orange on my hands but like I said in another post I'm considering just soaking them in "Clobber" Nothing gets them clean...
          I'm going to hear it about this one...
          I once tried toilet bowl cleaner in desperation...my hands were stained bad from a ton of soldering and I needed them clean for a wedding, I was best man.

It worked incredibly well.
          The stinging and burning went away after a few hours too.

Comment

Yeah, I've used gasoline in a similar situation. You can put soap on before you go to work. Rub it in. Sometimes that works.

I've gotten where I wear gloves more than not. Some say they can't work that way but it's like anything, you get used to it and end up performing at the same rate.

With less solder burns, glue/primer, and even finger smashes.

Watch for moving machinery though.

J.C.

Comment

Yea , I just gotta get in the habit of wearing rubber gloves, the sad part is I have them on my truck I just hate to wear them...

I tried a toilet cleaner called "Santeen" it burnned like Hell when it hit the 20 or so nicks and cuts I typically have...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                You can put soap on before you go to work. Rub it in. Sometimes that works.
                Duckbutter does well too, coats your hands and when you wash 'em it all comes off.
                Hand cleaning is no big thing now...stains on work clothes is though.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                  Yeah, a wife doing the laundry!! Where I come up with these golden gems, I don't know.
                  Me either
                  I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Been wearing gloves since the early 90's....can't work without them now and feel everything like a regular set of hands would.

I cringe when I see a plumber working bare handed in the biz......I know what we deal with.
                    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                      Been wearing gloves since the early 90's....can't work without them now and feel everything like a regular set of hands would.

I cringe when I see a plumber working bare handed in the biz......I know what we deal with.
                      It builds immunity
                      Last edited by MrsSeatDown; 05-26-2008, 01:43 AM.
                      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Flipping the rubber gaskets for no-hub clamps when adding a fitting between cut pieces of a stack, handling 1/2" copper fittings, turning auto cutters in a tight space..many more that wearing gloves just ain't easy to do.

Comment

Duck the best hand cleaner hands down is called kresto it has ground up walnut shells in it to really scrub as an added bonus it makes your skin softer.

http://www.jdindustrialsupply.com/kresto30362.html

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
                            Well D.B., Consumers report rates Tide 2X Ultra Concentrated with a touch of Downy the best.

I have never felt like such a gay nerd as I did posting that. Thanks
                            Good for you Tyman

The little girl inside me says it's healthy to let your feelings be known

Gone are the days of girls that wore pink and boys that wore blue. The line between the sexes has blurred here recently

What makes a man a man? Is he rough and rugged or cultural and clean? I believe you can be both

I hope you can make it to the Roundup
                            Last edited by plumberscrack; 05-26-2008, 07:41 AM.

Comment

I use FAST ORANGE by PERMATEX made with orange and pumice, sold in auto part stores,

for CLOTHES I use the good old favorite TIDE in the washer
                              JERRYMAC
                              E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                              CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                              FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                              SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Years ago I worked at a nasty factory. we made rubber carpet padding. The stink got into your clothes. If you put the clean work clothes in a drawer with other non work clothes, they would start to stink. An ex-GI who was married to a German girl started there. She was a cleanliness fanatic. She had him take a plastic tub and put a bulkhead fitting in it. She would throw his work clothes in it, then on Saturday, fill it with cold water and a throw in a can of GOOP hand cleaner. He took a paddle and worked everything around and let it sit overnight, on Sunday, he drained the tub and threw the clothes in the wash using regular detergent and they came out clean and smelling great.

Comment

Working...
                                X