X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plumbers laundry

When it comes to hands, I use either fast orange or Gojo..they're the best there is that I know of.
    But for clothes, I use tide...I'm clueless otherwise.
    Doesn't completely remove grease, dope & solvent stains...I wind up going through shirts & jeans too often.

Anyone here find anything that works good?

Re: plumbers laundry

Spray 'n wash dual power works good. Stuff comes from two sides into one (like epoxy). I spill all kinds of stuff and it always comes out clean.

We also have a Kenmore Elite front load Washer/.dryer. When we went to go look the sales lady said we could put 10 pairs of filthy jeans in the wash and they would come out clean. She guaranteed it! I had to try it! I think they really do contribute to clothes coming out clean.

Pretty much everything comes out of Rick's clothes. . .except those stupid toilet pills! I still think he put the stuff in the dryer and set it before it had a fighting chance

We also use the high-efficiency Tide as detergent.
    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Well D.B., Consumers report rates Tide 2X Ultra Concentrated with a touch of Downy the best.

I have never felt like such a gay nerd as I did posting that. Thanks
      Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
        Well D.B., Consumers report rates Tide 2X Ultra Concentrated with a touch of Downy the best.

Your entirely welcome...now go hang with Rick n' Crack.

Comment

I'm wondering if a touch of Pine-sol, or some other household product would spruce up removal of stains...I already use Tide concentrate, no Downey though.

And NO I don't feel...er...gay.
          I do my own laundry and the Mrs has never come across anything like plumbers clothes before me...

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
            Your entirely welcome...now go hang with Rick n' Crack.
            just because you've never had a chance to hang with us, doesn't mean you can't.
            i got 2 hands

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

I'm wondering if a touch of Pine-sol, or some other household product would spruce up removal of stains...I already use Tide concentrate, no Downey though.

And NO I don't feel...er...gay.
              I do my own laundry and the Mrs has never come across anything like plumbers clothes before me...
              duck, from a drain cleaning perspective. when you put additives into the wash, they tend to cause excess soap suds.

a real issue with multi units/ levels and toilet suds.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                just because you've never had a chance to hang with us, doesn't mean you can't.
                i got 2 hands

rick.
                Now you're scaring me First the k-60, then Crack and now you want Ducky too

At least you'll know how to get their clothes clean
                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post

Funniest thing I have read here since Ive been coming here, thanks for the laugh.

Comment

duck, from a drain cleaning perspective. when you put additives into the wash, they tend to cause excess soap suds.

rick.
                    First fl laundry, laundry stacks are seperate here.

As for the extra free hand...pullleeease save it fer Crack...he wants the attention...

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
                      Funniest thing I have read here since Ive been coming here, thanks for the laugh.
                      Coming from a member with a small dog bearing bunny ears as an avitar really added to the effect.

Comment

I've found rubbing GOJO on grease before you wash removes it pretty well.

MegaLoc Blue comes out without problem in my experience.

PVC glue on clothes, just have to wear it.

I have a local place that I can get Oatey plumbers hand cleaner very cheap. That's what I use for hands. Works great.

J.C.

Comment

I use Uni 1st. I rent their uniforms.

They come every Friday, take the dirty laundry and they wash them. I get new ones every week

For $10 bucks, its worth it to save my laundry machine
                          The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Anyone here find anything that works good?
                            Yeah, a wife doing the laundry!! Where I come up with these golden gems, I don't know.
                            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

rick.
                              Reminds me, years ago the shop I worked for sent me to install a 3rd floor laundry.
                              He'd priced it to snap in the CI wye on the 3rd floor because she didn't want to pay to run 2" down to the basement, despite warnings about the basement bathroom.

The call came a few days later, "I didn't expect it to be THIS much!".

Good lesson, the customer can't always have what they want at their price, all she had to do was complain to the local inspector and it would be HIS fault.

Comment

Working...
                              X