Alrighty then, ANOTHER Quiz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alrighty then, ANOTHER Quiz

Casting flaw in the bowl and the injection plug blew out? The water would bypass the main jet.
    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
      Casting flaw in the bowl and the injection plug blew out? The water would bypass the main jet.
      Close, but no plunger.
      "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Would another brand toilet have the same issue? Is American Standard significant?
        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Originally posted by BAPlumber View Post
          how about the flapper not allowing enough water to complete the flush cycle.
          so do we have a 1.6 flapper trying to flush a 3.5 toilet?
          Brent

Comment

Would another brand toilet have the same issue? Is American Standard significant?
            I'm sure it COULD happen with another brand toilet but I've only seen this occur with American Standard but they were used profusely here. I think age may be an issue. A hint--It was probably caused by the previous plumber.
            "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Is the water level right in the bowl?

Did the previous plumber auger and damage the weir of the trap?
              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Is the water level right in the bowl?

Did the previous plumber auger and damage the weir of the trap?
                Dang, you're good - and persistent. Yes, the previous plumber broke a hole in the top of the trap so, if you were to look straight down through the flush valve you would see the passageway. Depending on the size of the hole, some of the water would still enter the rim and some straight into the passageway disrupting the siphon.
                Like I said, I've seen it three times so it's possible it just broke without an auger, but i doubt it.

I'm impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
                  Dang, you're good - and persistent. Yes, the previous plumber broke a hole in the top of the trap so, if you were to look straight down through the flush valve you would see the passageway. Depending on the size of the hole, some of the water would still enter the rim and some straight into the passageway disrupting the siphon.
                  Like I said, I've seen it three times so it's possible it just broke without an auger, but i doubt it.

I'm impressed.
                  Persistent I am! The slow server is making me crazy, but I HAD to know the answer! The ride-alongs have paid off Back to my day job now

Good Night! Thanks for playing
                  I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post

I'm impressed.
                    That was a good one...I missed out on all the fun.
                    All is forgiven for the River Birch debacle.

Comment

Working...
                    X