Turn In For No License

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Turn In For No License

You guys all sound like a bunch of whiny cry-babies. If he is doing plumbing, regardless of whether or not he has a license, he will either go out of business because of inferior work, or he will be a success because of his superior work. If that is all you have to worry about you need to do something to make yourself a little busier. Either way, none of you have any business sticking your nose into his. You guys all sound like a bunch of tattle-tale snitches. Let the Mexican make a little money.
    Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Devine Plumbing View Post
      You guys all sound like a bunch of whiny cry-babies. If he is doing plumbing, regardless of whether or not he has a license, he will either go out of business because of inferior work, or he will be a success because of his superior work. If that is all you have to worry about you need to do something to make yourself a little busier. Either way, none of you have any business sticking your nose into his. You guys all sound like a bunch of tattle-tale snitches. Let the Mexican make a little money.
      So why did you get a license?
      Its worthless in this view, so why bother.
      Last edited by Service Guy; 05-31-2008, 02:21 PM.
      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

If unlicensed contractors are working inside my jurisdiction then I'm competing against them for work so then it becomes my business

You go ahead and look the other way, maybe it won't affect you

Comment

Something tells me you jumped in with this statement just to get an argument going? Do you really feel that way?

Are you licensed for your area?

J.C.

Comment

Unlicensed work runs rampant here....unbelievable how much there really is but I still get calls enough to keep gainfully employed.

I'm in a huge population bubble and I can't complain. What keeps me from walking back into people's homes is the sarcastic remarks I fire off as I have money in hand:

"Tell your remodeler/carpenter/handyman for the extra income I'm gonna blow at the boat *gambling* this weekend!"

There's a few in my area that send the work right to me...indirectly from the horrible stories I hear from the customers when I arrive.

I've tried reporting but with the state plumbing division being massively understaffed.....it's a police your own kinda deal.

Always remember though:

Property owners are accountable for their retardness>>>>If there isn't a license number on the side of that truck.......expect the same gamble I play on the dollar slots. You win or you lose.......odds will be you lose. Loser!
            Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 05-31-2008, 03:43 PM.
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

What's your license number in your state

Sounds like you should be cleaning shrimp instead of doing plumbing spouting that kind of ignorance.

You're certainly not part of the band of brotherhood amoungst plumbers with that point of view.
              Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 05-31-2008, 03:46 PM.
              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Devine Plumbing, I hope your post was sarcasm. If not you've got to be the biggest putz in the world or are you working without a license too?

We're not protecting ourselves and our jobs. We're PROTECTING THE HEALTH OF THE NATION It's our national motto, our creed, what we live by. If you don't get it, you should GET OUT.

Would I turn the guy in? Hell yes. And I'd follow through and make damn sure he was prosecuted. That's what the plumbers board is for.
                sigpic

Comment

One more thing. Michigan requires your license number to be posted on all advertising. Noticed it's not posted on your web site. Hope you've got one.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                    Devine Plumbing, I hope your post was sarcasm. If not you've got to be the biggest putz in the world or are you working without a license too?
                    I too hope it was sarcastic but I would stop short of calling him the World's biggest putz as I do not believe anyone could possibly know every putz in the World. I would however go so far as to say if this was his honest response it is not very well thought out.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Divine,

I imagine maybe there are certain parts of the country where the slight smell of raw sewage is customary inside the avg home and the locals don't even notice it anymore.
                      Maybe in those area's home explosions or fires are thought of as a "luck of the draw" type thing, with little thought given to the possibility that the guy who illegally ran gas lines 5 years before might have caused it.

Then there's dysentary, cholera...and of course bubonic plague.

Certainly not where I come from, certainly not.

I have to agree with the others that maybe you were kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                        JC is from my state, and its actually quite strict here, thats why I am surprised.

I have to give my license number, pay and pull a permit even to change a water heater here.
                        He's right about them being strict here. When I was apprenticing we were roughing in the slab and the licensed plumber left to go to the supply house while I started digging ditches.

The plumbing inspector just happened to drive by. He introduced himself and asked for my license number. I told him I didn't have one. He said "Stop all work and have a seat." So I sat on the wall nearby. No, I'm not making this up. And I don't know if it was a power trip or what. But our code states that a licensed person must be on the job at ALL times when work is being performed. It was enforced that day.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                          He's right about them being strict here. When I was apprenticing we were roughing in the slab and the licensed plumber left to go to the supply house while I started digging ditches.

The plumbing inspector just happened to drive by. He introduced himself and asked for my license number. I told him I didn't have one. He said "Stop all work and have a seat." So I sat on the wall nearby. No, I'm not making this up. And I don't know if it was a power trip or what. But our code states that a licensed person must be on the job at ALL times when work is being performed. It was enforced that day.

J.C.
                          Exact same thing here as well.
                          Had it happen twice when I was an apprentice, first time the licensed guy was on site.
                          Second time, it turned out the "foreman" had no ticket...he'd presented himself to me and another apprentice as licensed.
                          The owner knew and turned a blind eye for the cheaper help.
                          I tried to call the owner 6 months later about getting my time signed off, he out of business, nowhere to be found.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                            Here's the whole story. Or what I think is going on from what I've been told. At one time in N.C. a General Contractor could do all of his work as long as it was up to Code. May or may not still be that way. A local GC has hired an Hispanic that once worked at another plumbing shop to do all the plumbing on his houses. Just put him on the payroll.

But I know that he's doing things independently on the side.

Either way, both situations piss me off.

J.C.
                            Is this a good plumber, does he do good work? I think this is the most important question. Why does the plumber working for the GC piss you off? Isn't he just an employee and not a subcontractor which would require the liscense? Maybe the beef should be with the GC. Maybe the GC doesn't know the current law. As far as him doing side work, I think the majority of us have done side work if we worked for another company. What type of side work is he doing? Big work-repipes, main line replacements or is it just small stuff-fixing a toilet? Another question-would you care about this plumber if he wasn't Hispanic?
                            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I am licensed.

Comment

I couldn't care less about the thousands of handymen out there replacing toilets, fixing faucets or even snaking a few drains. They've always been there and no sign of them going away.

What bothers me are the guys that do water heaters, boilers, alter gas piping, complete remodels and such. Now you are eating off of my plate and that pisses me off

Comment

Working...
                                X