• Re: Turn In For No License

Muuhahahahaha!!!!

J.C.

Comment

what happened

Comment

You gotta' read all the posts before you ask something like that. Don't know, didn't follow up but haven't seen the person at the supply house in a long time.

J.C.

Comment

"He's not covered on insurance if the gas stove leaks, drains drip, or concealed water line in the ceiling gives after it's enclosed."

I know Duckbutter wrote that a while back, but I just wanted to add that another part of this is they go out of business and start up a completely new company, some of them annually, which makes it even harder to track them down a year later when you start to have problems.

New company with new name; turn in the leased truck for a new one; new phone numbers, and you are home free.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I just had an interesting phone call...

Real estate agent: Bill I have 2 properties that are having problems with their water heaters...

Me: Thats to bad, It will be Monday before I can get to them.

Agent: Thats OK ,my normal plumber is out of town and he said to call you...

Me: Who is your normal plumber?

Agent: Larry xxxx, He has always treated me right with his prices since he does not have a license.

SOOOOO, Mr. xxxx is the local NON-LICENSED con-artist ( rip-off little old ladies type). I know his name but was under the impression that he had stopped doing unlicensed work... I guess this guy is back to his old tricks.

I swear some people!!! I can't decide who I want to burn more!

Comment

I would have warned the R.E. agent directly of the risks involved (no insurance coverage AT ALL). Saving money short term in exchange for enormous financial liability is a huge mistake.
              Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Service guy I know you dislike the RE agents also...

This agent is using an unlicensed guy and is only concerned with the $$$.

My first thought is to write one heck of a bill for this work!

Comment

I flat out won't do work for them.

I love it when they call and leave a demanding message with phone number,

"Hello, This is Nancy McQuire. You need to call me." <<< ????

Authoritative might work with some, but not me.

Did work with one a few years ago and I swear the people she was referring me to kept getting worse and worse. So when she called me to install a PRV I told her $1000. Sounded completely serious and led her to believe that you're not worth my time anymore.

I would be almost positive that a strained relationship is the norm right now with the foreclosure rates, they don't want to have anything go wrong to stop a sale and I'm not about to give estimates in person so they can hire someone half price.

That, "We just bought a house" sob story doesn't fly with me when people think I need to feel sorry that the new house has problems.
                  Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Working...
                  X