X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cribs: Plumber's Edition

A post by Service Guy earlier in regards to his Avatar got me thinking. After working all day making other people's homes better, what do our own houses look like. I bought an old house dirt cheap about three years ago and just went right through and removed almost everything. In hindsight I probably should have torn it down. However, after three years of working nights on it, it has gotten to a point where it is about 95% complete. Everything came out all the way back to the studs, some exterior and interior walls were removed, relocated, added. All of the floor joists where replaced. Now all drywall, paint, flooring, doors, trim, cabinets, plumbing, electrical, and everything else has been replaced. This should be interesting, lets see some pictures of what fixtures are installed in your own house or a listing. I will start.

Kids bath. Kohler Memoir fixtures, Piece of junk Winnie the Pooh faucet, Aker fiberglass tub, two Moen Chateau valves w/four Moen body sprays

Koher cast iron kitchen sink, Grohe Ladylux Cafe, Insinkerator air switch, RO drinking tap.

MB shower (almost complete) Kohler Cimmaron toilet, Jacuzzi 72 x 48" whirlpool tub, Moen Monticello Roman tub valve, custom tile shower w/two Moen Posi-temp valves, Moen handheld shower, Kohler wall tile mounted in center of shower ceiling.
    Last edited by Devine Plumbing; 06-02-2008, 11:36 PM.
    Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Re: Cribs: Plumber's Edition

No pictures of my house to share. I swapped my Mansfield toilets out with Kohler Cimarrons before I ever moved into the house, and had the garage floor painted so when something spilled on it, it would not stain.

Some of the worst houses I have been in belong to people who own their own business in the trades. Doesn't matter if they are plumbers, electricians, general contractors, or whatever, they always have some half finished project that looks like crap. I said I never want my house to look like that. I bought a brand new house so that when I get home at the end of the day, I can relax instead of having to work on the house.

The sad part of the story is I still have a couple holes in my drywall from installing some Moen hot/cold frost free hose bibs, a recirculating pump sitting on a shelf waiting to be installed, I just fixed my sprinkler system that broke over a year ago, and I still don't have my surround sound systems set up the way I want them.

Anyways, I think I contributed nothing to this thread, so just chalk the above up to a long day in the hot sun. I've only lived in the desert my entire life, you'd think I'd be used to it by now.

Comment

Makulay, where is your license numbers? It says you work in New Rochelle, lower Westchester, and the Bronx and city. You know you need to advertise your license # on all advertising. Wheres Duckbutter?

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
        Makulay, where is your license numbers? It says you work in New Rochelle, lower Westchester, and the Bronx and city. You know you need to advertise your license # on all advertising. Wheres Duckbutter?
        He's not actually in New Roc, but the website he is spamming for probably is (and I would guess is unlicensed, because otherwise why wouldn't he have the #s on it). Look at each of his five posts, they all have a different signature with links for NY, PA, Illinois etc. construction/plumbing/rehab cos.

Comment

I see said the blind man. I was wondering why he claims to be a carpenter but has a plumbing web site. Gotcha

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
            Ohhhhh no ya don't....this is YOUR turf!

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
              He's not actually in New Roc, but the website he is spamming for probably is (and I would guess is unlicensed, because otherwise why wouldn't he have the #s on it). Look at each of his five posts, they all have a different signature with links for NY, PA, Illinois etc. construction/plumbing/rehab cos.
              Good catch, I noticed has last post...very spam (bacon eggs and spam, spam and more spam)

Comment

Here are some pics of my home and yard. Nothing of the inside yet.
                http://morningsun.timrbaker.com/
                "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

very nice

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                    Ohhhhh no ya don't....this is YOUR turf!

Comment

Working...
                    X