Best tip from a customer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best tip from a customer

best tip i ever got was a verbal tip,save your pennies plan your retirement because in this line of work the body goes long before the mind.

Comment

i had a verbal that stuck with me, it was....... dont stand up in your canoe while in rough waters
      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

nice

Comment

I don't know if this counts as a tip, but last year at Christmas the homeowner of the condo we were working on had their caterer bring in lunch for the entire crew, and invited us to bring all our employees over to have a meal on them. I have no idea what turkey and prime rib for 50 costs with all the sides though.

I thought it was a nice gesture.

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
            Your really getting old when you start to prefer the pie and coffee

You knwo Gene, most days I think I do. Sad. Very sad.
            sigpic

Comment

$1000.00
              "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
                $1000.00
                No, no
                It's not that simple, you don't just get to say "1,000" and not at least have a story for us...er...as long as the story isn't about River birch, that is.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                  No, no
                  It's not that simple, you don't just get to say "1,000" and not at least have a story for us...er...as long as the story isn't about River birch, that is.
                  She gave me $1000.00 if I promised not to tell her the River Birch story--again. Now, I'll be accepting donations from you folks at paypal
                  "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

The true story, this was a long time customer. I had just finished a very small job for her - less than $100.00. She knew we were planning a trip to Italy that spring. She wrote me a check for the job and then wrote another for $1000.00.

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
                      The true story, this was a long time customer. I had just finished a very small job for her - less than $100.00. She knew we were planning a trip to Italy that spring. She wrote me a check for the job and then wrote another for $1000.00.
                      That says alot about the relationship you have with your customers.

Comment

100 bucks on a 700 hundred dollar job.

Comment

I've got a $100 tip twice.

The second time, I was sent out to a fairly large home to hook up a stationed gas grill they had recently bought and had set up. We roughed the supply in at rough in time. My old boss didn't remember the job well, and didn't look at the job before sending me out. He told the homeowner over the phone, we would just run a 1-1/2" pvc pipe along her new deck as the sleeve, and run the Wardflex inside that, and she was laid back and said alright.

I got out there and noticed how nice everything was coming along so far and told her that there was no way I was gonna do that, I then let my boss know. So I dug a trench along side the deck, ran 1-1/2" from the house to about 12" coming up through the ground, and run the 1/2" Wardflex line through that.

The homeowner was really appreciative that I cared enough to put in the extra work to do the job right. When I was wrapped up, she handed me a bill like it was a $1. When I got to the truck, I noticed it was a hundred dollar bill.
                          Last edited by Aaron91; 06-08-2008, 04:24 PM.
                          Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

$100 on a $295.00 camera job!!

I have recieved many $20's and $50's, even with my flat rate pricing
                            sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by JeffH View Post
                              A nice collection of Jazz Lp's (Blue Note & Prestige). I'm heavily into music and have an audiophile/listening group that meets monthly. I figure that the purchase cost would be about $500 - 700 on ebay. Nice!
                              That's a great tip! I bet there worth more than that. I'm always on the look out for records, i've had customers give me some and i've also discounted the bill for some.

Long live vinyl!

Comment

Got my biggest tip to date today $100.
                                Nice local woman. She said she called 5 different people (plumbers, friend, septic pumper) and every single one told her to call me.

Job was a PIA, lots of crawling in crawl space and digging to expose septic tank clean outt covers. The septic tank has settled and shifted so bad, at first I thought it was the leach field. Long story short, she is in need of a new tank and field but immediate problem was a clog in main. Cleared the clog after all the monkeying around. We went over our 2hrs at flat rate but only charged her for the 2hrs. I felt bad because she's not well to do and is looking at a HUGE bill for a new system.

I handed her the bill and she says " what, thats it? I have people charge me more then that to do me a favor! Nope, I'm making the bill $100 extra"
                                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Working...
                                X