X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best tip from a customer

So, what's the biggest tip you've ever gotten from a customer?

The best I've done so far is a $50 tip changing a hose bibb!

I had to crawl under the house because the F*****G A*****E plumber who originally installed the frost free bibb didn't understand the concept of using a drop ear 90 to secure plumbing to the framing. The crawl was wet and miserable, of course, with zero clearance under the heating ducts, but I managed to squirm into the muddy corner of the house and get the bibb changed in about 30 minutes. The people felt sorry for me when I crawled out and my rain gear was covered with mud so they gave me a $50 cash tip.

Not bad for a 30 minute job!

I actually get cash tips fairly often, but this was the best!

Douglas

Last edited by Oregon Plumber; 06-04-2008, 01:42 AM.

Re: Best tip from a customer

Lets see, what have a gotten for a tip? 2 chickens, a rabbit, a website, a few $50 tips, but most of them were only $20. Took a dog as a partial payment.
    Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

I got 3 beans not long ago.
      I told him it was a bit much, he insisted, I refused...after the fistfight he held me down and forced me to take it.
      Well, maybe not quite that way, but I did get the 300, it was for a full stack replacement...I bent over backwards to keep him happy.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
        I got 3 beans not long ago.
        I told him it was a bit much, he insisted, I refused...after the fistfight he held me down and forced me to take it.
        Well, maybe not quite that way, but I did get the 300, it was for a full stack replacement...I bent over backwards to keep him happy.
        now your prices are a little more in line with mine. LOL
        Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

I got 2 1/2" drills and a worm drive skil saw from one customer.

Brent

Comment

Two that stand out.......1 $300.00
            2 two bottles of vicodin

plenty of Bailey's, because they know I like it in my coffee
            The Other Rick

Comment

I think I gotta clarify, 3 beans = $300

Comment

A little over 30 years ago I got my only true tip. It was an envelope with two Franklins in it. I'd come out on a Saturday, after playing in a rugby game (before the party ). Guess he thought I'd gone the extra mile for him. Yesterday, a customer who was miffed I hadn't charged him for some repair work, gave me 4 bottles of wine (including a Silver Oak '03 Cab and a ZD Chard).

Comment

The best was 50, but normally around 20. Have a few that give 3 bottles of wine at a crack.
                  Almost forgot, I had a woman give me her late husbands brand new 24" ridgid pipe wrench.

Comment

20.00, and I really didn't want it.

This has been a good week for me. Two customers have sent thank you notes and one customer called the owner and said what a fantastic job I had done.

It really made the owner happy, and I looked good.
                    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

A Ridgid 4-s heavy duty pipe cutter for putting in a kitchen sink for a woman who was roughing in her basement!
                      A bottle of Stoli for shoveling out a 2' pit full of sewage.(Poop.)
                      A stack a cymbals for a drumset on a late night main line.
                      Rarely cash.Actually I turn it down.
                      I've had offers for "tips" from females that I quickly turn down.
                      (Think of the Child vulture in the old Bugs Bunny cartoons...'a nope a nope a nope haha nope)

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Mpls View Post
                        A Ridgid 4-s heavy duty pipe cutter for putting in a kitchen sink for a woman who was roughing in her basement!
                        A bottle of Stoli for shoveling out a 2' pit full of sewage.(Poop.)
                        A stack a cymbals for a drumset on a late night main line.
                        Rarely cash.Actually I turn it down.
                        I've had offers for "tips" from females that I quickly turn down.
                        (Think of the Child vulture in the old Bugs Bunny cartoons...'a nope a nope a nope haha nope)

Comment

When I was younger I used to get those kind of tips but as I march steadfastly twards old age it seems like all I get now is pie and coffee. could be worse I guess.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                            When I was younger I used to get those kind of tips but as I march steadfastly twards old age it seems like all I get now is pie and coffee. could be worse I guess.
                            Your really getting old when you start to prefer the pie and coffee
                            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

A nice collection of Jazz Lp's (Blue Note & Prestige). I'm heavily into music and have an audiophile/listening group that meets monthly. I figure that the purchase cost would be about $500 - 700 on ebay. Nice!

Comment

Working...
                              X