plumbdog10 retires

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: plumbdog10 retires

Yes, PlumbDog will be missed by us all here on the Forum, his family, and his co-workers. And I will miss him too.

I think we can all do something to remember him by every day. For each task you do, each job you undertake, every co-worker or customer you come in contact with, make it your best effort!

Put just a bit more into making that solder joint perfect, clean up after yourself and leave the workplace a tad better than you found it, be polite to clients and customers, and to your employees and co-workers.

In short, just do what Dog would do and give it your best. In this way we will be helping to preserve the pride and craftsmanship that he was always on our case to maintain for the betterment of the trade.

Bye Dog, I'm gonna miss chatting with you here on the Forum my friend, but you'll always be with me.

A good friend of mine recently lost his father whom I also knew. His Dad worked at the trade all his life and I worked for him on a couple jobs. When he passed they had his obit posted online which was nice for the hundreds of friends across the country who knew him. And they had links to charities that they asked people to contribute to in lieu of flowers. Maybe we could do the same for Dog.
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Given his diagnosis and particulars involving what he had.....it was probably in the best interest of "quality" of life measures over "quantity" in what is considered good and bad of living terms.

My mother fought almost 13 years but days before she died she was seen at Meijer's grocery shopping with my dad. You'd never know she was on her way out until those situations finally go **** up so don't ever compare one cancer to another.

If I had the same diagnosis....I'd want the ending as soon as possible. There's another purpose for us once we leave this earth...and I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get a misting fan to go along with me to tame the fires of hell.

I hope the family finds comfort and closure in the coming months.
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

plumbdog was a man i never met. a man i recently had the opportunity to actually talk to on the phone. a man i had more in common for the love of the plumbing trade than anyone else. a man that you both loved and hated.

a man that i respected for his honest opinion. a man that stood his ground. for those of us that ever mixed it up on the forum, (and that's most of us older members) we all respected his stance he took. i learned that dog was as wise as they come.

i really wished we all had an opportunity to talk to plumbdog

joey and i were the lucky ones to get that opportunity.

dog, you will be missed dearly here.

your legend will always be remembered by us and the forum.

rick and joey
        phoebe it is

Comment

I never know what to say at these times. It is a sad day and he will be missed here.
          sigpic

Comment

Very sad news. Rest in peace my friend.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

RPI, Plumbdog.

Comment

http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  plumbdog was a man i never met. a man i recently had the opportunity to actually talk to on the phone. a man i had more in common for the love of the plumbing trade than anyone else. a man that you both loved and hated.

a man that i respected for his honest opinion. a man that stood his ground. for those of us that ever mixed it up on the forum, (and that's most of us older members) we all respected his stance he took. i learned that dog was as wise as they come.

i really wished we all had an opportunity to talk to plumbdog

joey and i were the lucky ones to get that opportunity.

dog, you will be missed dearly here.

your legend will always be remembered by us and the forum.

rick and joey
                  I have to agree, completely.
                  He and I went at it once in full fashion.
                  He stood his ground on what he knew to be correct, he was right to do so and I learned a fast lesson on catering to plumbing "folklore" and started putting my nose back into my code book.
                  After all was said and done, we developed a mutual respect.
                  He reminded me of what I was taught by old school plumbers I'd learned under when I first started, standing up for whats right & what you beleive in is seldom popular.
                  I sincerely looked forward to hopefully getting to know him one day, God had other plans.

Comment

R.I.P. Dog.
                    Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

See You later Brother
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

If friends are any indication of the man, he was a great man.
                        I look forward to meeting him.
                        "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Plumbdog was a great man. I had the utmost of respect for him and I think he was a big part of maintaining the integrity of this forum. He was a man that lived by his word and still had the guts to admit if he was wrong. I for one will always remember him with a smile and with pride that he chose to be part of our community.

Josh

Comment

Peace out, Dog. I hope you went out surrounded by loved ones. You were a true man among men.

Comment

Thank you plumbdogsbuddy for coming to this place where we used to meet with plumbdog10. Having to introduce yourself by sharing the news of his passing is a very big thing and you have my respect. I am grateful to hear that he did not suffer long and had his wits about him while he tied up lose ends.

This site is like an encyclopedia of trade advice thanks to his frequent stands against do-it-yourselfers and fly-by-nighters. By challenging himself to be the best he challenged others to stand tall and so the standard of technical information contained inside these cyber-walls is remarkable.

And do you know what he said to me once? That he did not have a good reputation on this forum. All I can do today is shake my head and say plumbdog, rest easy now, for your work here is done.

Comment

Originally posted by plumbdogsbuddy View Post
                                It is with great regret and sadness that I have to tell you that plumdog10 has passed away. He died peacefully in his sleep last Saturday morning. He was mentally doing fine until just a few days before, but the cancer finally got the best of his organs. In the six months that he was bed ridden in his living room I did not hear a single word of self pity, nor did I hear any complaints of the intense pain that he was enduring. He taught me and my family a lot, especially about strength and dignity. He has asked to be cremated and we are spreading his ashes in a desert spot that he loved. A service will be held at a later date, those details have not yet been worked out. Keith was a giant of a man both physically and intellectually. He owned thousands of books and could engage you on any subject. He loved philosophy, literature, and history, especially California desert history and lore. He loved to wilderness camp in the desert, target shoot, and explore in his Jeep. Keith also loved music and was a huge Bob Dylan fan. We spent many hours listening to Bob and fixing the world's problems while throwing back more than our share of cold ones. He was also the best plumber and project foreman that has ever walked a job site. He loved plumbing and took tremendous pride in his trade. If you would like to do something in his honor, just make sure to remember him on this forum. This forum was an important part of his life. I will log in periodically for awhile to see if anybody has any questions or comments. Thanks

I want to thank everybody for their kind words and thoughts. I have printed theses pages out and given them to Plumbdog's Mom and Dad and it warms theit heart to know that he is being remembered here. Thanks
                                It takes a lot laugh, it takes a train to cry- Bob Dylan

Comment

Working...
                                X