plumbdog10 retires

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plumbdog10 retires

It is with great regret and sadness that I have to tell you that plumdog10 has passed away. He died peacefully in his sleep last Saturday morning. He was mentally doing fine until just a few days before, but the cancer finally got the best of his organs. In the six months that he was bed ridden in his living room I did not hear a single word of self pity, nor did I hear any complaints of the intense pain that he was enduring. He taught me and my family a lot, especially about strength and dignity. He has asked to be cremated and we are spreading his ashes in a desert spot that he loved. A service will be held at a later date, those details have not yet been worked out. Keith was a giant of a man both physically and intellectually. He owned thousands of books and could engage you on any subject. He loved philosophy, literature, and history, especially California desert history and lore. He loved to wilderness camp in the desert, target shoot, and explore in his Jeep. Keith also loved music and was a huge Bob Dylan fan. We spent many hours listening to Bob and fixing the world's problems while throwing back more than our share of cold ones. He was also the best plumber and project foreman that has ever walked a job site. He loved plumbing and took tremendous pride in his trade. If you would like to do something in his honor, just make sure to remember him on this forum. This forum was an important part of his life. I will log in periodically for awhile to see if anybody has any questions or comments. Thanks

I want to thank everybody for their kind words and thoughts. I have printed theses pages out and given them to Plumbdog's Mom and Dad and it warms their heart to know that he is being remembered here. Thanks

"It takes a lot to laugh, it takes a train to cry"- Bob Dylan
    Last edited by plumbdogsbuddy; 06-11-2008, 12:02 PM. Reason: Thank you note

Re: plumbdog10 retires

first let me say thank you for letting us all know, he was and still is very very well respected on this fourm.

please send my reguards to his family and yourself.

i am sorry i don't have much more to say, i ...... i just don't know what to say other then he will be missed by many here on this fourm ,in the trades, and life.

9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Sorry to hear. He is now out of his pain

Comment

I'm very saddened to hear it happened so fast.
        Everything you mentioned of him is what I'd figured.
        God bless him, god bless those he left behind.

Comment

Dog and I went around once briefly, that's what I liked about him, he'd call you on your ****. I've learned alot and I try to be a better plumber because of him and his posts.
          Brent

Comment

He was a good man and will be remembered at such. He's in a better place.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Dog will be greatly missed!

He had a unique attitude !

He is in a much better place, where the plumbing is perfect

Good bye Dog!!

sigpic

Robert

Comment

Sorry to hear, he will missed

The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Is there a link to an online obituary where we can pay our respects?

Rest in peace Plumbdog.

Andy

Comment

RIP

steve
                    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Letter from Heaven

To my dearest family some things I'd like to say
                      But first of all to let you know that I arrived today,
                      I'm writing this from Heaven. Here I shall dwell with God above
                      Here, there's no more tears of sadness. Here is just eternal love.
                      Please do not be unhappy just because I'm out of sight
                      Remember that I am with you every morning, noon and night.
                      That day I had to leave you when my life on earth was through
                      God picked me up and hugged me and He said "I welcome you,
                      It's good to have you back again,
                      you were missed while you were gone,
                      As for your dearest family, they'll be here later on.
                      I need you here badly, you are part of my plan
                      There's so much that we have to do to help our mortal man."
                      God gave me a fist of things that he wished for me to do
                      And foremost on the list was to watch and care for you
                      And when you lie in bed at night, the days chores put to flight
                      God and I are closest to you . . in the middle of the night.
                      When you think of my life on earth and all those loving years
                      Because you are only human, they are bound to bring you tears
                      But do not be afraid to cry, it does relieve the pain
                      Remember there would be no flowers, unless there was some rain.
                      1 wish that I could tell you all that God has planned
                      If I were to tell you, you wouldn't understand
                      But one thing is for certain though my life on earth is o'er
                      I'm closer to you now than I ever was before.
                      There are many rocky roads ahead of you and many hills to climb
                      But together we can do it by taking one day at a time.
                      When you're walking down the street and you've got me on your mind
                      I'm walking in your footsteps, only half a step behind
                      And when it's time for you to go . . from that body to be free
                      Remember you're not going . . you're just coming here to me.

AUTHOR - Ruth Ann Mahaffey
                      Last edited by mrs. westcoast; 06-05-2008, 10:02 AM.

Comment

He will live on through all the good work he left behind and all of the people he touched. From just the little bit I knew of him here he gave me a larger sense of pride in being a tradesman. I'll keep that for life.

RIP

Eli
                        A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

dog you will be missed and keep all the plumbers in line up there
                          Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                          http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                          http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Life is just too short and even worse when they pass away to young. May you find peace in heaven, Dog....
                            Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

RIP. Sounds like someone I would have liked alot. Phil
                              sigpic3:00, I mean 5:00, and work is done. Time to crack a cold one.

Comment

Working...
                              X