Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Epoxy Coating of copper H2O pipes?

Originally posted by Mr. ACE View Post
    Okay... Feel free to pay the extra cost to re-paint, re-tile and re-stucco while trying to match the color & texture after you repipe. Please realize that the best plumbing system in the world in an epoxy coated metallic plumbing system in the foundation of the home. Overhead (attic) re-piping means warm water from a cold tap in the summer, cold water from the hot tap in the winter and a beautiful indoor waterfall when it does fail.
    ok i will mainly because you said that is would cost the same as a repipe and now you tell that it would be cheaper to go with your system.

so witch is the lie?

that it would cost roughly the same,........ or that is much less than a repipe due to that other work invovled? hummmmmmmm

now unlike everyone else here i am only a home ower. i am no plumber by any strech of the imageination. but you sir, are also nothing more then a sales man and you know how most people feel about sales men.

so now as a home owner that you more or less called a dumby i'm supost to want to buy your product now, i don't think so.
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by oldslowchevy View Post
      ok i will mainly because you said that is would cost the same as a repipe and now you tell that it would be cheaper to go with your system.

so witch is the lie?

that it would cost roughly the same,........ or that is much less than a repipe due to that other work invovled? hummmmmmmm

now unlike everyone else here i am only a home ower. i am no plumber by any strech of the imageination. but you sir, are also nothing more then a sales man and you know how most people feel about sales men.

so now as a home owner that you more or less called a dumby i'm supost to want to buy your product now, i don't think so.
      I can see this being a huge benifit in say a hospital where a repipe is next to imposable. I do belive it is a good technology in the right application just like anything else. I just did a sewer tie-in where the city had the 8" clay lined with a PVC and they had us break the whole old section of clay where our saddle went. I thought it was pretty cool but hard to bring yourself to break the old pipe out with a sledge!

Comment

I find myself wondering if this stuff makes a good exterior & deck coat.
        Seriously, I'd bet money there's no market for it in mainstream residential, but if it's s'posed to be that resilient...might be the next great thing for home exteriors since aluminum siding.

Comment

After learning further facts about the ACE DuraFlo Corporate office and how they treat dissatisfied customers, I would not recommend this technology to anyone. It is my personal opinion that a repipe is a much better way to protect your home from a water pipe leak.

All too often the problems with this technology are overlooked and ignored by the corporate office. You are on your own to complain to the franchisee when a problem with the application of this technology arises. I am sorry if I have influenced anyone to do business with this company in the past.

Again, in my own opinion, while there are good companies that provide this service, the integrity of the corporate office, including the founder himself, “HOLDS NO WATER”. Please disregard my previous posts of encouragement that I have made when it comes to choosing this product.

Thank you.

House Doctor

Comment

Originally posted by HouseDoctor View Post
            After learning further facts about the ACE DuraFlo Corporate office and how they treat dissatisfied customers, I would not recommend this technology to anyone. It is my personal opinion that a repipe is a much better way to protect your home from a water pipe leak.

All too often the problems with this technology are overlooked and ignored by the corporate office. You are on your own to complain to the franchisee when a problem with the application of this technology arises. I am sorry if I have influenced anyone to do business with this company in the past.

Again, in my own opinion, while there are good companies that provide this service, the integrity of the corporate office, including the founder himself, “HOLDS NO WATER”. Please disregard my previous posts of encouragement that I have made when it comes to choosing this product.

Thank you.

House Doctor
            After your endorsement of ACE DuraFlo I am a little surprised to read this post. As a matter of fact I believe you slighted plumbers for not doing their research on the product. However, I do appreciate you coming back to update your opinion. I agree there are both good and bad franchises in every business model. As I recalled you had ACE DuraFlo installed in your home a few years ago. Is your new opinion based on issues with your own home and if so can you share your experience?

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by HouseDoctor View Post

Thank you.

House Doctor

I would be interested in hearing of your experience as well for the benefit of my customers.

Mark: I was rereading this post and realized the company guy talked about coating the ID of failing PEX??? I was not aware we are starting to see PEX failures. I would be very surprised to see an Epoxy "Stick" to PEX.

Okie

Comment

Working...
              X