Shell game.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shell game.

I install all of my own fiberglass and vinyl pans. I have noticed many tile people going w/preformed pans w a Schluter Kurdi-drain, eliminating the need for a vinyl pan.
    Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Originally posted by stokefire7 View Post
      unfortunately out here in the west, tile guys do the pan, GC's do the glass and the inspectors don't care.
      Same goes here
      West Trail Mechanical Ltd
      Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

Depends on the GC but I try to do as much as possible and protect the liner befor the tile guy gets there

If it starts leaking you know who they gunna point the finger at first ....da plumma

Comment

It's our responsibility, but I will say there are a few contractors I really wish could have the opportunity to do it themselves after struggling with tight, out of plumb and non-level floors.

Had one job where the homeowner assured me she had a qualified home remodeler, turned out to be a non-english speaking fella with a tape measure.
          That was an early lesson, you don't have to take every job that comes your way.

I wound up having to notch the studs for a tub install over 1".
          I know I should have waited for him to rebuild the wall, but I was livid and wasn't about to reschedule work for the next day to wait for him. If they weren't happy with the lack of lip on the floud rim, they could redo the wall after I was done.

Comment

Thanks for the responses, guys. I've used the same plumber for several years, now. A couple jobs ago, he was grumbling that he never has to install the fiberglass for other GCs. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't being unreasonable.
            http://www.refined-home.com

Comment

Hello G-Man.
              http://www.refined-home.com

Comment

on the large residential jobs i use to do. the general purchased the tub surrounds. they were delivered by the manufacture and installed by them too. they drilled the valve holes and set them into wet mud.

we connected the waste and overflow and tested.

when the tubs got damaged, cracked, the manufacturer came out to patch them.

the pre cast shower pans were our deal. we supplied and installed them.

by the way, all the bathroom accessories, towel bars , paper holders, tooth brush holders, were our work. general supplied them, we installed them. same as appliances and sometimes disposals.

we were a union shop if that matters.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                X