• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you see a problem here?

Originally posted by BHD View Post
    I do not like what I see, but I doubt if there is any law broken,

one can own a car with out a licence, jsut not drive it legally,

I know a number of elderly people who own cars and hire or have a friend drive then to DR appointments and other, some have medical problems that prohibit them from driving but they do have legal insurance and registration.

how many people out there with DUI's still own cars, (revoked or supended licence) but can not drive them legally,
    BHD,

Sure they can buy the car, but I for one would like to test drive a car before I buy it. At least in NY, before they do that they photocopy your license. Also you need to get a registration (I don't think a license is required for that) and insurance (I do think a license is required for the primary operator) before you drive it off the lot. I wonder how many of their customers are buying cars without test drives and then having a tow truck take it away.

If only cops could just sit outside the dealership and pull over the customers as they are leaving with a new car without having some stupid civil rights lawsuit get filed.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
      I do not like what I see, but I doubt if there is any law broken,

one can own a car with out a licence, jsut not drive it legally,

I know a number of elderly people who own cars and hire or have a friend drive then to DR appointments and other, some have medical problems that prohibit them from driving but they do have legal insurance and registration.

how many people out there with DUI's still own cars, (revoked or supended licence) but can not drive them legally,
      Yes, but how does one buy such car legally if one is here illagelly?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
        Yes, but how does one buy such car legally if one is here illagelly?
        How does one buy groceries? I don't think we need to start checking IDs for purchasing things (except firearms, explosives, etc.). Where the ID should be required is the registration transaction with the government. I know for a car this seems like a silly distinction, but I don't want the government to require us to produce papers for basic commerce because it is a slippery slope.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
          The Bill of Rights and Constitution lay out what the politicians are allowed to do (assuming they are followed and "correctly" intepreted). That doesn't mean that following them means what should be done is done. They should just limit some of the bad things that could otherwise be done.

I don't think that if elected President John McCain would make national defense decisions based solely on political expediency; and that there is a pretty good chance that I would agree with the decisions that he does make. I'm young and optimistic though.

I don't trust him on other issues, like immigration. Even though he says that he'll secure the border first I just don't believe he will. I think he is set on some kind of "comprehensive" (sell out) plan.
          I think I understand what you are saying. I just get wound up in a tizzy when folks want to put faith and trust in the government. They (politicians) love our "obedience." Then we bicker with each other as to who will do the best.

Nothing the matter with being young and optimistic, thats for sure. How does anyone think this county is what it is today???

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
            I think I understand what you are saying. I just get wound up in a tizzy when folks want to put faith and trust in the government.
            I don't think you can put faith and trust in a government, just like you can't put your faith and trust in a corporation. Governments and corporations don't make decisions people do. You can only put your faith and trust in an individual person.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
              Yes I do see a problem here.An American culture that looks upon itself too good to do manual labor.It's children are too spoiled to dig or do dishes to work thier way up.

This is a goldmine for those who are used to living and working like those who came to America before this retarded generation.I wouldn't doubt the Native indians aren't laughing thier arses off by now.

While I'm sure you are over generalizing there is no question we need the labor which is coming across our southern borders and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Many of those I see on job sites actually do a pretty good job and are getting beyond manual laborers. The real issue is we need a "guest worker" program which will require their employers to pay for the social needs of those they hire and we need to eliminate the anchor baby clause in our Constitution.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                While I'm sure you are over generalizing there is no question we need the labor which is coming across our southern borders and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Many of those I see on job sites actually do a pretty good job and are getting beyond manual laborers. The real issue is we need a "guest worker" program which will require their employers to pay for the social needs of those they hire and we need to eliminate the anchor baby clause in our Constitution.

Mark
                We are THE ONLY COUNTRY in the world that looks the other way, makes excuses and justifies illegal immigration. Don't think so. Try and sneak into Mexico, or France, Italy, Germany, Saudi Arabia. We need these people like a dose of the clap (which by the way that and a bunch of other 3rd world diseases they are bringing in) Stop equivocating and making lame excuses for breaking the law and putting the sovereignity of OUR nation at risk. They are in no way aiding our economy. Any figures to that end are incomplete and a lie. When you factor in the added medical, and social expenses, along with the burdon on the tax system it cost billions to keep them here.
                sigpic

Comment

We are THE ONLY COUNTRY in the world that looks the other way, makes excuses and justifies illegal immigration. Don't think so. Try and sneak into Mexico, or France, Italy, Germany, Saudi Arabia. We need these people like a dose of the clap (which by the way that and a bunch of other 3rd world diseases they are bringing in) Stop equivocating and making lame excuses for breaking the law and putting the sovereignity of OUR nation at risk. They are in no way aiding our economy. Any figures to that end are incomplete and a lie. When you factor in the added medical, and social expenses, along with the burdon on the tax system it cost billions to keep them here.
                  You may have misread my post. I believe illegal immigration is wrong and we should deport 110% of them. I believe those who hire them should pay a first time offense of $25,000 per employee with property siezure rules in place. However, I believe you are naive to think our crops will pick themselves. In addition, as I posted the employer not the tax payer should pay for their social needs (education, medical, housing and whatever).

Mark

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by TOPDAWG View Post
                    Robert the thing that bothers me is that the sign is in Spanish!! I thought that this was America,
                    Funny! You can drive through cities in Orange County, CA. for example Westminister, or Garden Grove that you would swear was Vietnam. Remember the Vietnamese refuges that we re-patriotated through Camp Pendleton. Some radio station back in the late 70's went out and printed up thousands of bumper stickers for Westminister, that said. ‘WELL THE LAST AMERICAN OUT, PLEASE REMEMBER TO PICK UP THE FLAG"

Maybe it’s time for a new bumper sticker.

Comment

You're right, Utah Mark has a good point though...
                      Those who hire Illegals are ripping us off by the billions for the sake of personal profit, they should pay and pay HARD.

There are situations where they do work here and their labor has become integrated into our economy.
                      John McCain (whom I literally pray to win over Obama) has a stance on illegals that I don't agree with.
                      He feels they should be given the chance to become legal without the red tape or the threat of deportation.
                      Most of us don't like that because we feel they have no right to be here in the first place.
                      The point there, as I understand it, is that the costs to deport the millions of illegals would thrash our economy in two ways...the expenses in finding & deporting, the expenses of a lost labor force on farmers (in a world with already soaring food prices).

I've seen & worked around illegals as far north as Boston on low end prefab apt construction.
                      This would, to me, be a strong indicator of the overwhelming number of them in our country.
                      I guess the point I see with McCain is that they're here, if they're gonna be here the least we can do is have them paying taxes to become legitimate so that the scumbags that force them into cheap labor no longer have the leverage to practically enslave them.

That idea is a bad one, overall McCain has my vote, but this is his weakness in my opinion.

I'm of the school of thought regarding the fact that if we start making it so easy for illegals to enter the country and become citizens without having to earn it, or at least learn our language..our country goes straight to the toilet.

Personally, I think the idea of HUGE fines to those who hire them, maybe even a reward system for those who turn them in, would completely irradicate the problem as well as return revenues back to this country to subsidize the losses from illegal hires.

Trouble with that one, is what Mark brings up...our dependance on the labor for certain industries necessary to our economy.

Bottom line, whatever is done...I can't see any solution working without hitting the source of the trouble...fining the life outta the scum that hire them.

After that, then we can work out all the details, but at least we start to recoup the extreme losses in the interum.

I may be wrong, but I think thats Marks point as well...give or take a detail or two.
                      Last edited by DuckButter; 06-09-2008, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                        That is just a big excuse, yes there are lazy people, that is everywhere!

If we paid a good wage to dig, then there would be people to dig, I know a few white guy's that dig, if the price is right.

The problem is, the workers will do it cheaper, because they don't pay for everything we have to pay for, to make a decent life.
                        This is a very simple equation.
                        White boy is lazy and overpayed.He is so busy working on image and appearance there is no time to learn a sweat ethic.He wants to do the least amount possible to get the big bucks.This leaves a very large hole for a people who need a lot less to be comfortable.

We gave them the work cause we can make more money off their hard work.I have had a hard working latino by my side sacrificing in the ditches every step of the way pick swing by pick swing.I have embraced the situation and tried to learn their language to make communication on the job better for all of us.

I'll give a small amount of lateral discussion to those who are scared about their ability to support their desired lifestyle.But I get frustrated when I hear someone crying about something they are a part of setting up.

This is a factor that is not the latino set up WE DID.Quit pointing fingers.

Got to get to a job.Look forward to saying a lot more when I get back
                        This is only a small part of our discussion we were having on the Bus Robert.I was agreeing with you on your first opening statements.But I have a lot more to say of what I have learned working in the ditches for the last 23-24 years.

So...anyone have any suggestions on some possible solutions without bashing a culture.

Nothing personal,I still respect my friends.

Adam

Comment

Adam,

I am having trouble understanding where you are coming from? I am waiting for you to get back to elaborate.

Not sure how to take the lazy white boy comment and could you pin point the retarded generation?

Illegal immigrants are illegal, I don't care what they call themselves.

People need to start calling, writing and emailing your representatives. Just do it.
                          Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Adam, he should be learning your language.
                            I respect you, know you well enough to understand your pacifist nature, but a small good doesn't justify a larger evil.
                            You tell us you have a latino working with you, by the sounds of it he works harder than anyone else...here are the questions presented to represent the larger evil....
                            Is he compensated as he should be for working so hard?
                            Does he have taxes/fica taken out to support him when his back gives out?
                            Is his hard work, and pay benefitting this country, or just the guy who hired him for less to avoid taxes & insurance costs?

Adam, this has ABSOLUTELY NOT one thing to do with race, cuilture or ethnics...it's about sleazy schemes to profit from your friend and his brethren.
                            He should be legal, he should be payed as such, he should be learning OUR language, he should be contributing to the country he lives in, just like the rest of us.
                            ......Is he?

Comment

Here is my take on the language thing, I had a great buddy named CW Huff. I use to ride with CW a minimum of 400-miles every Saturday. CW was one of my heroes. He had joined the Army when he was 17-years old to go fight in Vietnam. When he came back from Vietnam he became an FAA Certified mechanics and quality control inspector. After 20-years at the same plant there was a cut back and he found himself unemployed. Every new job he applied for required him to be bilingual. He was stubborn to a point to where he flat out refused to even try. I watched him slowly go through all of his retirement and finally passed away because he was too proud to tell me he had lost his insurance and necessary medical coverage. This was all because he was too stubborn to learn a language which we are all around every day. Why is it kids in Europe are required to learn multiple languages and ours can hardly speak English?

Mark

Comment

He was at fault for not learning spanish?

Comment

Working...
                                X