Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Survival In The New Gas Economy

The 134 A is worth 2 bucks a lb.

The last time I saw R12 it was $800 for 30lbs. but that was 8 years ago.

Sorry for the off topic

Comment

Europe's gas prices are so high because of all the taxes for social programs. Ours will get that way if the dems get in. The environmentalists want it that way so we will limit our driving.
      I suggest those of you in the trade cultivate high end customers who are pretty well insulated from the ebb and flow of the economy.
      Those who are not in the trade-those on a fixed salary-I suggest you call your federal representatives and tell them to drill,drill,drill,drill,drill, until oil is coming out our ears.
      "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

you know who i feel sorry for, people like my father witch is on a fixed income and he has been selling things off latly so he can put gas in his car(witch he could bearly aford to drive 5000 mile a year before) just so he can go to the doctors. i know there are millons more like him as well.
        9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

This is great, please keep it coming. We're all in the same situation! Some good advice has already been given. Thanks' Tool
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

This is an email I got. Probably just trying to pick up email addresses but it's an interesting concept.

THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' GAS FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW WE CAN GET GAS BACK DOWN TO $1.30 PER GALLON.

This was sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. If you are = tired of the gas prices going up AND they will continue to rise this summer, take time to read this please.

Phillip Hollsworth offered t his good idea.
            This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy gas on a certain day' campaign that was going around last April or May!
            It's worth your consideration. Join the resistance!!!!

I hear we are going to hit close to $ 4.00 a gallon by this summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action.
            The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to 'hurt' ourselves by refusing to buy gas

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them
            BUT,whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can Really work. Please read on and join with us!

By now you're pr obably thinking gasoline priced at about $2.00 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $3.89 for regular unleaded in my town, Seattle.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $2.50 - $2.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit
            someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? Since we all rely on our ca rs, we can't just stop buying gas.

But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one),EXXONandMOBIL.

If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If
            they reduce their prices, the other companies will have t o follow suit

But to have an impact, we = need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x10 = 3,000)... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers.
            If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION
            PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all!

(If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician. But I am . so trust me on this one.

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you!
            Acting together we can make a difference.

If this= makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $2.00 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

Lets Try Something Different.

Keep it going!
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

CALL YOUR CONGRESS PERSON,

TELL them to OPEN UP DRILL IN ALASKA,
              ON THE COAST OF AMERICA,
              OIL SHALE IN THE WEST,
              COAL

if the Cubans and the Chinese can drill off the coast of Florida,
              but were band by law to get our own oil,

the liberals have blocked exploration and energy independence for years,
              look who signed the bills to block the exploration in so many of the oil rich areas,

Look at what the fools in congress tried to do yesterday,
              who wants to tax the producers of this country,(and that is not jsut oil, it is plumbers too). who pays the taxes of business, the consumer does.
              Last time congress in there genius passed a windfalls profit tax on oil, it cut production by 15% I think the numbers were.

WHO is taking 18.4 cents of ever gallon you buy http://www.gaspricewatch.com/usgastaxes.asp to line there pockets, the FEDS are,
              what is the oil companies getting as profit, less than that, the feds are taking more than the oil companies in tax than the company's are making in profit, and who does nothing for the money.

Liberals view, tax it more. that will show them,

Call them and tell your representatives that if they do not pass energy independence legislation by letting drill in OUR LAND they will be looking for new employment, and keep your word,
              Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
              attributed to Samuel Johnson
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

the rest of the story ...

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/gasout.asp

steve
                In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

And do not forget this is not jsut effecting the consumer or the business man,

NH3 fertilizers are now costing $1200 to $1400 a ton, I remember buying it for $30 a ton,

less and less fertilizers are being used as the economic returns are not there any more,

fuels for tractors and harvest equipment has gone up jsut as fast, (yes we may pay less tax on it), but it is still $4.00+ a gallon for diesel.

It can cost a larger farmer $400 a day to run his tractor or harvester, even on smaller equipment it is costing over $20 an hr for fuels,

cost me over $2200 jsut to top off my small fuel tanks, and they were not empty,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

also one needs to seriously consider the EPA in all of this,

the congress passes, laws with out envisioning the impact, only looking at the numbers on paper that some one dreamed up.
                  many of the coastal areas have special formulate fuels that are costing them a much greater cost, they messed with diesel a few months ago, (winter time) and it shot up nearly 75 cents over night, there messing with the engines as well and there getting lesser mileage,

(example) in 1969 ford made the Galaxy sedan 390 was designed to drive at 100 mph, and it got 22 mph and weighed 6000 pounds plus,
                  over the years the fuel millage dropped, the gas was getting poorer, (i would add diesel at a 1 to 10 ratio) and the mileage would shoot back up, cars in the next generation dropped down to 10 miles a gallon, with EPA requirements,

Now maybe I wrong but if EPA would have gone on a double scale, and would trade mileage for emissions, but my guess is if you have a car spreading it emissions of one gallon out over 50 to 75 miles there would still be less emission per mile than one that is spreading it out over less than 20 miles,

the EPA has been as much of a cost to the America consumer as any government agency out there, and they operate with OUT over site or regulation,
                  (no I am not against clean air or water or environment, but they have not used common scence or balance in there decisions, and congress can help but pass legislation if it has a pretty sounding Name. regardless if it good or bad.
                  Last edited by BHD; 06-11-2008, 01:30 PM.
                  Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                  attributed to Samuel Johnson
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
                    Call them and tell your representatives that if they do not pass energy independence legislation by letting drill in OUR LAND they will be looking for new employment, and keep your word,
                    If enough of us call them it might at least prevent them from doing stupid things. It provided enough pressure to kill McCain-Kennedy.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                      If enough of us call them it might at least prevent them from doing stupid things. It provided enough pressure to kill McCain-Kennedy.
                      Somebody killed McCain and Kennedy? WOOT!
                      "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
                        Somebody killed McCain and Kennedy? WOOT!
                        Also known as the comprehensive immigration reform bill.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                          Also known as the comprehensive immigration reform bill.
                          Drat! I was going to say just 98 more to go in the senate and 435 in the house.

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
                            Drat! I was going to say just 98 more to go in the senate and 436 in the house.

Comment

Nephew quite His job over Gas today. Contr. has a job 1 1/2 hrs outa town,state,. That's 3 hrs. travel in His personal vehicle. They won't give Him a dime for gas. He said He's screwed now. Single dad with 2 sons. 3000 miles away,or i'd hire Him. I give My guys $100 a week to help with there own vehicles. It's only fair. Lota folks hurtin. Our Govt. isn't doing anything!
                              This is terrible!
                              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

This is going to be a harsh pill to swallow for a lot of you........ Pass it on to the consumer. Yes, you heard me right pass it on.

When diesel fuel het $3.00 per gallon about two years ago here on the west coast we sent out a notice to every one of our customers. It explained that rising fuel costs were eating away at our profit margins. We had two choices, raise hourly rates or offset the rising fuel charges with a min. fuel surcharge. At that time it was $10.00 per service charge. Our customers never said a word about the surcharge, they were just happy we did not raise the labor rates. Funny how people don’t add 2+2. Plus every other company they were buying from was doing the same thing.
                                During the day you wear your tradesman cap. When you don’t have that cap on your wearing your "Joe consumer cap". You absorb the same fees as your customers on a daily basis.
                                Example:
                                I love coffee. I was fortunate enough that many years ago I knew one of the top five people in the world of coffee who taught me everything there is to know. I have watched coffee, good coffee, go up in price almost $3.00 per bag, for what I buy, in just the last two months. That cost is shipping costs. I am willing to pay the extra money because I appreciate the quality I am getting. The point of diminishing return has not been seen in my eyes.

Every consumer is paying more for everything. Fuel is a given. No one, and I mean no one is going to argue with you if you charge a fuel surcharge on your bill. Try it, you might be surprised at the result.

For those of you that drive diesel trucks, you might want to look at a vegetable conversion system. For around $3,000-$5,000 you can convert your truck and process your own vegetable oil as fuel. The average cost is from $1.00 - $1.30 per gallon.

Comment

Working...
                                X