X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• %*&#$ Washer drains!

I have recently had a rash of slow washer drains and am still fighting with 3 of them...

These drains are suffering from years of grease build-up. My problem is that I can't seem to get a large enough cutter into the lines to make a difference.

If I have a vent I will go for it first if not cut the wall and pull the trap... (this is after going down the drain with the K-39 directly)

Do I just need to buy a small electric jetter and 100' of 1/4" line.

How do you all go after the dreaded slow washer drain?

Any advice?

Bill

Re: %*&#$ Washer drains!

If I were you i would get a K-60 with the 5/8 cable and a grease cutter blade. This should take care of your problem as the 5/8 cable is flexible enough to run down the standpipe with no problem.
    ________
    Mercury Meteor History
    Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 06:04 PM.
    Mike

Comment

I have a K60 but only have the 7/8" cable for it. I will go ahead and get the 5/8" kit for it though...

I'm really trying to talk myself into a jetter though. Everyone tell me I need one and how good they are

Comment

you could always make yourself a jetter if you own a power washer. Just buy the hose and jetter heads. it will work fine for small drain lines.
        ________
        Mercedes-benz 770 specifications
        Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 06:04 PM.
        Mike

Comment

True, I was just looking at the pressure washer conversion kit at watercannon...

I may just go buy one tomorrow. ( Gotta make sure my wife did not see me typing that)...hehe

Comment

bill, i just did a 2'' laundry drain today with the 5/8'' sectional cable and k-50 machine. ran right through the standpipe and trap. the k-60 was up on the roof doing the main with 7/8'' cable.

honestly a small electric jetter is pretty well useless. sure my 1500 psi 2.1 gal. electric jetter will do the job pretty good. but a 20 amp draw will trip the breaker fast.

the 5/8'' cable kit with 90' of cable will do a much better job on hardened lint and soap. the jetter will then clean the leftovers.

running the jetter into the plugged line is a mess waiting to happen indoors.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

I managed to get 2 of my problem drains done today

I ended up bending out a 2 blade cutter ( I did not have the right size spade) and got enough of the crud cut out to flow...

The other one was my own stupidity... It ended up being a main line clog that was not acting like one. The K-60 pulled out a 5 gallon bucket full of white mice and one rubber glove ( I have pictures for the property owner, I thought I would spare everyone the sight...lol)

Comment

Working...
              X