Faucet from ****

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Faucet from ****

We have a lot of elderly folks on fixed incomes that have been with the company since my dad ran it so I guess that would be going on 50 years. Hell yes we go soft on the bill and even give a lot of labor for free. Truth is we've never lost a dime because good will and charity are some of the best word of mouth advertising there is. We may not fully charge grandma and grandpa but you can bet their relatives are on our customer list. We also do a lot for the church and it too pays dividends. We service a good many of the parishoners and most are good paying, loyal customers.
    sigpic

Comment

I used to and still do charity for some people . But I remember this one older guy a couple of blocks over from me who Every Time I turned around I was augering his toilet and doiing other small jobs for Nothing. One day he called early In the morning I was up and heard him leave a message on the answering machine. Figured I would stop over after I took a shower and before I went to my first schelduled job. As I approached his house I noticed another competetors Van in his driveway ( one that has a reputation of taking advatage of people ) . Guess that all the times I had done things for them at no charge didnt matter. Maybe I should have answered the phone instead of just stopping by but it tought me a lot about what people expect and about loyalty to those that you think appreaciate your charity. Bottom line I will still do charity for those who need it but I have to make a living also. Just because someone appears to be of meager funds doesnt mean that they are. Plus some people get insulted if you dont take their money so are better off taking the hundred reluctantly and just sending a thank you card

Comment

You know, sometimes when it comes to the elderly, especially the recently widowed, I'll ask about their situation. "Do you need help with this bill?" "Are you able to pay this without causing a crisis?"

I have customers who "poor mouth" all the time. But if you call them on it, they're surprised that you think they are in such dire straits (I wonder where I got that idea?!)

You may think that it's none of my business. But it is. First of all, I do care about their situation. Most of my customers are repeat business. Second, anything that affects my business, is my business.
        "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
          You know, sometimes when it comes to the elderly, especially the recently widowed, I'll ask about their situation. "Do you need help with this bill?" "Are you able to pay this without causing a crisis?"

I have customers who "poor mouth" all the time. But if you call them on it, they're surprised that you think they are in such dire straits (I wonder where I got that idea?!)

You may think that it's none of my business. But it is. First of all, I do care about their situation. Most of my customers are repeat business. Second, anything that affects my business, is my business.
          Excellent advice. I plan on using it a LOT.
          Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Working...
          X