X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drain Cleaning Equipment & Supply Resource

I am looking for a good/competitive drain cleaning equipment and supply resource. I found www.draincables.com and www.toolup.com - both look like they have good pricing and inventory. I bought our K-60 from Toolup.com and they performed well, but have not purchased from draincables.com.

Suggestions?
    spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Re: Drain Cleaning Equipment & Supply Resource

Try www.tradetoolsupply.com or give them a call at 503-221-8665 they ship all across the U.S. and have the best pricing on all the Ridgid lines.

Comment

Originally posted by spodelee View Post
      I am looking for a good/competitive drain cleaning equipment and supply resource. I found www.draincables.com and www.toolup.com - both look like they have good pricing and inventory. I bought our K-60 from Toolup.com and they performed well, but have not purchased from draincables.com.

Suggestions?
      The only place I buy Ridgid tools is Toolup.com.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I'd have to check my records but I believe I had a very bad experience with 1/4" open hook cables from the company you linked.

They was wound backwards and I destroyed them all (4) within a year.

I shouldn't expect much when a cable is $18 for a 25' section.

I'm back to using OEM product only to protect me from the good deal disease.
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

just bought a SeeSnake from toolup. excellent price, great service, and no complaints, except they won't ship USPS. overall a 97.5% rating. the non-USPS will be a deal breaker for small items but i'd use them again for big stuff

steve
          In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

I buy a lot of tools from toolup they are pretty good except once they sent the wrong box there mistake and I needed my part but they would not send it till they got the wrong box they sent back in there hands kinda pissed me off for how much I have spent there.
            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Curious, don't you have a good working relationship with a local plumbing supply house.

For Yucks I compared the pricing on all the posted web sights against what the tools I just picked up from my supply house today. For example I just bought another Ridgid Propress 320B and a set of XL 3"-4" jaws for several hundred less then what the web sights advertised.

The Micro See Snake is being sold at Home Depot for under $200.00. Makes it attractive because when it takes a dump, you just bring it back to HD and the swap it out.

I am a firm believer in having a stong working relationship with my suppliers. Stange as it sounds, I actually take my suppliers out to lunch and dinner, as opposed to expecting them to take me out.

I just bid out a Job that had 6" copper. I called one of my best friends who is a true industrial plumbing contractor to see if he could score a good deal on 6" copper pipe. My main source was around $105 per foot. He called a couple sources he had and came back with roughly the same price. I then called the manager of a company we do very little business with, but on occassion I've stopped by with some donuts, lunch etc... They have wanted our business for a long time. Asked him to price out the same thing. He came back with a price of around $78.00 per foot. That's all most $200.00 savings per stick. What makes it even funnier is my buddy buys a S load of products from these guys and he got the $105 or so pricing from them.

There is a-lot of wiggle room when your dealing with Wholesale suppliers. Like life its a relationship game. Play it right and you will be rewarded.

Comment

Ferguson near me never has the ridgid stuff I want and when I have ordered it it took forever.....toolup and plumberscrib ship really fast and usually have the lowest price even when adding in shipping.
                Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I got my K-60 from north state and they were great to deal with and competitively priced.
                  Last edited by Service Guy; 06-12-2008, 12:45 AM.
                  Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I go to North State and Blackbookoftools.com.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                      I go to North State and Blackbookoftools.com.
                      Thats what I meant: North State. Great selection.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                        Ferguson near me never has the ridgid stuff I want and when I have ordered it it took forever......
                        Ferguson's policy is 24 hour turn around. They are the largest wholesale plumbing supplier in the world. Talk to the branch manager, if you don't like what you hear go to the district manager.

Comment

The times when they took a while was for parts for ridgid machines, cables they didn't have in stock stc. Plumbing supplies they are fast at getting. But I do understand the point of your post on greasing the wheel!
                          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

My experience with Ferguson has been second rate. I still buy pipe, fitting, toilets and water heaters from them, but thats it. I now buy most service parts from Plumbmaster. (similar and related company to wolverine brass) My drain-cleaning tools I buy online from www.northstate.com or www.heavydutystore.com

Comment

Originally posted by Watersurgeon View Post
                              Ferguson's policy is 24 hour turn around. They are the largest wholesale plumbing supplier in the world. Talk to the branch manager, if you don't like what you hear go to the district manager.
                              Ferguson is terrible in my area. Can't stand to deal with them. Maybe there success has caused them to forget about customer service. Here's a predicition; in 5 years more than half of the current fergusons will close and the plumbing dept of HD will expand to a commercial supply.
                              Last edited by gear junkie; 06-12-2008, 01:19 AM.
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X